Who knows about Tripods?

It will do the job of a tripod and the lightweight construction means that it really is effortless to carry around. However you don't be using anything heavier than a 70-300mm budget line lens on it. For light lenses its ok, but don't leave it freestanding in the wind nor expect the same level of stability that a heavier set of legs would give you.

Also note that you can only go down so far with them, since the legs cannot be splayed out.

I used to use one (till I broke it - tip - never unscrew the panning arm on the head - they never go back in right) with my 70-300mm sigma and it was a joy to use for the fact that I could walk with camera and tripod in my hands bolted together and deploy the tripod ready for use in seconds. Effectivly it was like a 3 legged and more stable monopod for me in how I used it; but I also used it for macro work as well as regular static shot, longer exposure stuff.
In the end I've upgraded to a heavier set of legs that offer me far more versatility, if losing the lightweight construction aspect.

Sounds like it would suit me then, I have 70-300mm lens, but its a budget one - and I dont think ill be getting anything bigger for sometime. I might get and if it sucks, then hey - I only spent $23 lol. Whos knows, it might good :D

Exactly, and if you are shooting moving subjects the weight issue isn't much of a problem since you are there to steady and hold the setup. For countering handshake though it really does make a difference having some support - especially at the 300mm end.

this is something i discuss with my students.

usually people want the following with a tripod, cheap, stable and light weight.

pick any two, but you can never get all three together.

It looks like crap. It will break apart! The legs will be held with 1 screw with plastic sleeve to aluminum. You need to spend more and buy it used.

It will be better than not having a tripod, but expect to have issues with it's stability and you will find that slop in the head will make it difficult to aim the camera/lens accurately.

Avoid raising the center column if at all possible, as that further compromises the overall stability of the tripod by raising the center-of-gravity.

For movement sensitive shots, you probably have to use a timer or a remote if you dont want it to move a bit using that kind of tripod IMO.

Looks like the POS one I have. Does the job, but not easily...

Hmmm now im not sure if i should get it! haha ill have a look around at others i think... but if not then i may still get it. purely cause of the cheap price, and it might just be fine? who knows lol

i had this tripod and i can personally tell you thats its super cheap and flimsy. i'm not really sure why I bought it. maybe cuz I got it for $10 on ebay and was cheap at the time. lol..btu anywayz the handle broke off just after a few uses and had to tape it :p I would reccommend a more solid tripod.

the one I have right now, isn't hella flimsy or anything and has a ball head. Its about $50 on amazon, which is a fairly cheap tripod that has some quality.

Heres the link: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dolica-AX620B100-62-Inch-Proline-Tripod/dp/B001D60LG8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278220878&sr=8-10]Amazon.com: Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head: Electronics[/ame]

good luck.

you spend ton of money on your camera but want to go cheap on the support system?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back