Who would you like to be?

I'm an Idoka or practitioner of iaijutsu or more commonly known as Iaidō, Iaidō is derived from Battōjutsu. My style is more to the battōjutsu as I incorperate more slashes per move prior to staying than traditional iaijutsu. Thus I commonly refer to my self on the internet as Battousai, however due to several Anime references to the name Battousai, the name is often taken and I shorten it to Battou, such was the case on FaAC. When I registered with the sister sites I opted to maintain contenuity of user name threwout the five sites for recognition. When I came here, this was no exception as I routenely link to one of those sister sites (Photo-Ludidity) to provide righer rez images posted here.

Thus is the origin of the username Battou.

Pronounced Bott-oh
I am an Aikidoka, and my sensei wants me to start Iaido. I have heard that it helps tremendously in your training.

I am an Aikidoka, and my sensei wants me to start Iaido. I have heard that it helps tremendously in your training.

That's interesting, It's usually the other way around. Aikido is a grappling art wile Iaido is a sword art. The mental aspects are similar, and any good ronin should have some good knowledge of both diciplines.

Where such training would likely be of most benifit would be in the way of defending agenst armed attackers wile unarmed. The best way to defeat a sword is to know the sword.

Are you one of the more advanced students?

If so, having an Idoka present would benifit the class as a whole by aiding in training of of unarmed to armed techniques. This would also offer a realisim in training that many aikido dojos lack, but this is speculation.

That's interesting, It's usually the other way around. Aikido is a grappling art wile Iaido is a sword art. The mental aspects are similar, and any good ronin should have some good knowledge of both diciplines.

Where such training would likely be of most benifit would be in the way of defending agenst armed attackers wile unarmed. The best way to defeat a sword is to know the sword.

Are you one of the more advanced students?

If so, having an Idoka present would benifit the class as a whole by aiding in training of of unarmed to armed techniques. This would also offer a realisim in training that many aikido dojos lack, but this is speculation.

I am an advanced student. It is because a lot of the Aikido movement come from sword movements. It is supposed to really help with the footwork.

Most reactions

Back