Why I've been gone...

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, this is why I've been gone and haven't had any time to post/shoot any photos.

I've been restoring an old violin from somewhere in the early 1800's
Here are some pics of it... this is what it looks like now, I stripped the finish off of it. I will be re-finishing it in a few days.
213916.jpg

140459.jpg

140548.jpg

140554.jpg

140525.jpg

140512.jpg

Leave me some feedback! :)

craig said:
B&W does not seem to do the violin much justice. Highlight the texture of the wood and it's rich color.
yeah, I was working with a flourescent light and the white balance was WAY off... I will take better pictures someday when I get the time.... I just wanted to show y'all what I've been up to.

Also, the wood isn't exactly the best looking wood until it has varnish on it.

These are pretty much just snap shots.:)

What kind of teen are you?????? Why can't my teens have hobbies like photography and violin restoration??? Great as always Little Man!!

JonMikal said:
nice shots Littleman! is this a strat?
nope, it is a copy of:
Jacobus Stainer in Absain
Prope Oeniponium 1772
made in Germany

It was actually made in the mid/early 1800's
So, it's a Stainer.

What kind of teen are you?????? Why can't my teens have hobbies like photography and violin restoration??? Great as always Little Man!!
yeah, I'm weird... :mrgreen:
I should go take a picture of the chin rest I carved today... I'll brb w/ a pic of it.:D

ok, here it is...
193720.jpg

193914.jpg

You can't see it in the pictures but it's about 2mm thick. It's hard to get Rosewood that thin without cracking it.
I haven't put any finish on it yet, I need to let the wood oxidize some(it will get a much deeper tone of red)
That took me about 3 hours to carve.

It's hard to work with this wood b/c it's toxic so I had to wear a mask/goggles which get in the way a lot. Kind of annoying... haha

Anyways.. that's it.

tell me what you think :)

That's awesome...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back