Why the D7100 is a better camera than the D810

Status
Not open for further replies.
and why isn't the d5500 or d3300 the best camera ??
once you take price as a consideration for over value I think the d5500 is the BEST camera in the world for wildlife photographers.

Either that or a Canon 1Dx

... but Nikon does not make a higher density sensor than the one in the D7100
Actually, they do. Unless I'm missing something.

The D7100 is an APS-C (28.2 x 23.6 mm sensor) with 24mp resolution
The D810 is a full-frame (36 x 24mm sensor) with 36mp resolution.

28.2 x 23.6 = 665.52 sq. mm @ 24mp or approx. 36,062 pixels per square millimeter
36 x 24 = 864.00 sq. mm @ 36mp or approx. 41,667 pixels per square millimeter

I think the sizes are mixed up. The d7100 is approx 16mm by 24mm
The D810 sensor measures, 35.9 x 24 mm and the D7100 sensor measures, 23.5 x 15.6 mm to be exact, and the D7100 has a 56 percent higher pixel density, for crowding clarity to the spot meter, which is what matters at the end of the day, at least to me.

Thats it, I am selling my D750 and D5100 and moving to Panasonic, thats for your help ;)
Read the review Nikon D810 vs. Nikon D7100 - Sensor Comparison Then buy a D7100, you will have the sharpest shots possible with a Nikon camera[/QUOTE]

First YOU read this comparison of DXOMARK comparing the D810 vs D7100 sensor, the D810 just kills its in ALL categories!!!

Nikon D7100 vs Nikon D810 | DxOMark

Secondly as I said I used to own the D7100, its old news for me, I have no inattention going back, today I own the D750 and let me tell you the D750 is simply MUCH better then the D7100 for my needs including wildlife (even though I hardly do this type of photography).

This just in: the D7200 is a better camera than the D7100.

I was shocked to learn this myself.

You guys got to remember, MP means everything. You should know this by now. I'm glad @Auslese has the balls to be able to say it.
No the D7200 has a flimsy moveable monitor that is useless, and it incorporates wifi which is useless to producing better images.

I am sorry did you say the D7200 has a movable monitor ?
Well maybe Nikon is selling a special D7200 model in your country but not in Canada, here all the D7200 have same monitor screen as the D7100
As for wifi, I agree its not helpful but how is that connected to anything ?

D7200 vs D7100

1.Better dynamic range
2.Bigger buffer
3.Better low light performance
4.Better AF system
5.No banding issues

I used to own the D7100 for a year and a half, awesome camera, still a great camera but seriously claiming its better then the D7200 makes no sense.
And BTW I would take any day of the week the D810 over the D7100 or D7200 in any scenario including wildlife shooting but then thats me, maybe I am silly who knows I mean wanting a pro level camera with pretty much "better everything" over the D7100, I really make no sense-I'm so silly

no banding issues. whoa bro, when you sit down and look at you images, are you going to carea about banding in the shadows OR THE FACT THAT YOU CAN CROP FOR MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

The D810 has a 56 percent less pixel density than the D7100. Here is the data Nikon D810 vs. Nikon D7100 - Sensor Comparison I as surprised as well.

The D810 has a 417% less pixel desnsity than the Panasonic LX5. Here is the data Nikon D810 vs. Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 - Sensor Comparison I was not surprised at all.
But can you use Nikon lenses with the Panasonic? Because if you can, then Nikon has to change now, as Panasonic will have better images and pros will look just plain dumb for using a $6,000 16mp Nikon D4.

Secondly as I said I used to own the D7100, its old news for me, I have no inattention going back, today I own the D750 and let me tell you the D750 is simply MUCH better then the D7100 for my needs including wildlife (even though I hardly do this type of photography).

SHILL, SHILL!!!!!!

EVERYONE, HE'S A SHILL.

NIKON PAID HIM TO SUGGEST THE D750 IS BETTER.

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE D7100 IS TEH BEST CAMERA EVER. See for yourself: Nikon D810 vs. Nikon D7100 - Sensor Comparison

Read the review Nikon D810 vs. Nikon D7100 - Sensor Comparison Then buy a D7100, you will have the sharpest shots possible with a Nikon camera
You finally posted evidence on post #29, long after your post where you claimed you had already posted evidence (post #19).

So now I read this: "Nikon D7100 has approx. 56% higher pixel density than Nikon D810."
Nikon D810 vs. Nikon D7100 - Sensor Comparison

Got it. (very late, BTW).

So now, if you please; try to convince me that the D7100 is actually a better camera than the D810.

(from post #1) "Thus the D7100 is the best camera Nikon makes for wildlife photography"

I'll wait.

or they see you and then lick their lips because you look good for lunch, the 810 has no advantage over the higher pixel density in the D7100.

I'm a photohobbiest so most of this doesn't matter to me or is above my head but it's hard to argue when your going to be eaten :icon_rendeer:

Dave

The D810 has a 56 percent less pixel density than the D7100. Here is the data Nikon D810 vs. Nikon D7100 - Sensor Comparison I as surprised as well.

The D810 has a 417% less pixel desnsity than the Panasonic LX5. Here is the data Nikon D810 vs. Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 - Sensor Comparison I was not surprised at all.
But can you use Nikon lenses with the Panasonic? Because if you can, then Nikon has to change now, as Panasonic will have better images and pros will look just plain dumb for using a $6,000 16mp Nikon D4.

I totally agree! DOWN WITH NIKON!!!! The CAKE IS A LIE!

Read the review Nikon D810 vs. Nikon D7100 - Sensor Comparison Then buy a D7100, you will have the sharpest shots possible with a Nikon camera

What does pixel density have to do with sharpness?

View attachment 110936
Yes I would like to know too
More pixels divide the information into smaller bits that are more pleasing to the eye. Same thing as increasing the dpi on a computer monitor, the more pixels the more clarity.

SHILL, SHILL!!!!!!

EVERYONE, HE'S A SHILL.

NIKON PAID HIM TO SUGGEST THE D750 IS BETTER.

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE D7100 IS TEH BEST CAMERA EVER. See for yourself: Nikon D810 vs. Nikon D7100 - Sensor Comparison
Ahhh crap you got me, I'm busted :bouncingsmileys:

More pixels divide the information into smaller bits that are more pleasing to the eye. Same thing as increasing the dpi on a computer monitor, the more pixels the more clarity.

Do you ever look in the mirror mornings and just start crying?

This pointless thread remind me a thread from about 2 years ago a guy stated the Nikon D5200 was better then the D7100 and we all had one big pissing contest there too.

Hmmmmm wonder if OP isnt same guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back