Why the D7100 is a better camera than the D810

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting.

"..for wildlife photography.." - please state your argument.

More pixels divide the information into smaller bits that are more pleasing to the eye. Same thing as increasing the dpi on a computer monitor, the more pixels the more clarity.

Do you ever look in the mirror mornings and just start crying?
Read the review, I did not write it. Nikon D810 vs. Nikon D7100 - Sensor Comparison
Read the review I did not write it
Nikon D7100 vs Nikon D810 | DxOMark

Posting that article 15 more times isn't going to make a difference. There is so much more to a camera than pixel density on the sensor.

If you think its the best camera, then by all means keep using it and believing it. You don't have to try to convince the world of it as well.

This pointless thread remind me a thread from about 2 years ago a guy stated the Nikon D5200 was better then the D7100 and we all had one big pissing contest there too.

Hmmmmm wonder if OP isnt same guy
The thread is not pointless if you accept that the D7100 has a higher pixel density than does the D810. If this information is wrong, it would be nice if someone could pint this out, because I have found it at two places already, other reviews just omit this information, because they want the kickback from the camera sale. This is just business. Nikon D810 vs. Nikon D7100 - Sensor Comparison

Thread-Crap-Mr_T.jpg

The only reason anyone would buy the D7100 over the D810 is because they can't afford the D810

Hey wait a minute......I can afford a D810 but I bought the D7100 because 7100 is 6290 higher than 810 so it must be better. Unless my math is wrong.

I don't necessarily disagree with Auslese, he makes some good points, but I knew as soon as I read the thread title this was going to be a hot one.:aufsmaul:

Dave

Last edited:
This pointless thread remind me a thread from about 2 years ago a guy stated the Nikon D5200 was better then the D7100 and we all had one big pissing contest there too.

Hmmmmm wonder if OP isnt same guy
The thread is not pointless if you accept that the D7100 has a higher pixel density than does the D810. If this information is wrong, it would be nice if someone could pint this out, because I have found it at two places already, other reviews just omit this information, because they want the kickback from the camera sale. This is just business. Nikon D810 vs. Nikon D7100 - Sensor Comparison
Read this comparison review I didnt write it
Nikon D7100 vs Nikon D810 | DxOMark

I don't necessarily disagree with Auslese, he makes so good points, but I knew as soon as I read the thread title this was going to be a hot one.:aufsmaul:

Dave

he makes a point to consider tossed throughout a bunch of utter bs,nonsense, false statements, conjecture, and made up stuff.

The D810 sensor measures, 35.9 x 24 mm and the D7100 sensor measures, 23.5 x 15.6 mm to be exact, and the D7100 has a 56 percent higher pixel density, for crowding clarity to the spot meter, which is what matters at the end of the day, at least to me.
Do you happen to know where the AF and Meter modules are located ?

They are not part of the sensor.

AF module is at the bottom of the body, and the meter sensor is in the top prism area. They are provided information by the mirrors.
They have nothing to do with the sensor.

OK guys since no one is saying it I see I have no other choice but to say it myself

don__t_feed_the_troll.jpg

Posting that article 15 more times isn't going to make a difference. There is so much more to a camera than pixel density on the sensor.

If you think its the best camera, then by all means keep using it and believing it. You don't have to try to convince the word of it as well.
I did not mean to say the D7100 was the best camera, I said and it is true that it has the highest pixel density of any Nikon camera, and that this produces better images in the center of a spot weighted image. I also said that the $6,000.00 D4 has an obsolete sensor of 16mp, which was agreed to by those detailing the Panasonic sensors at the moment.

Last edited:
The only reason anyone would buy the D7100 over the D810 is because they can't afford the D810

Hey wait a minute......I can afford a D810 but I bought the D7100 because 7100 is 6290 higher than 810 so it must be better. Unless my math is wrong.

I don't necessarily disagree with Auslese, he makes so good points, but I knew as soon as I read the thread title this was going to be a hot one.:aufsmaul:

Dave
I can afford the D810 as well, but can not justify the D7100 having a higher pixel density at the center of the image, which it does. The D810 would be superior for super wide angle landscape shots but not for a lions jaw on a gazelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back