Why won't my lens mount ?

Bram

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bergen op Zoom, Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello TPF,

I am stuck here, I recently got a manual focus lens for christmas, now I faintly remember trying to mount it on my D40x body but didnt work so I put it away (what a shame) now I recentl made a discovery and I found the lens. I tried to mount it on my body and it's a snug fit except I get a message on my LCD that says no lens attached. I checked it out its a nikon 70-200mm macro lens. I really want to use this lens but for some reaosn it just wont mount. Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Haha, well my mom got it from a family friend and I got it from christmas, I tried it out then and didn't work so I put it away, I recently tried out macro photography. Love it, now I found that old lens and I want to use it. Unfortunately it keeps saying No lens Attached on my LCD. it's a fairly older lens.

Hello TPF,

I am stuck here, I recently got a manual focus lens for christmas, now I faintly remember trying to mount it on my D40x body but didnt work so I put it away (what a shame) now I recentl made a discovery and I found the lens. I tried to mount it on my body and it's a snug fit except I get a message on my LCD that says no lens attached. I checked it out its a nikon 70-200mm macro lens. I really want to use this lens but for some reaosn it just wont mount. Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Im not a nikon user but I have a feeling maybe you need to turn it off to manual focus?

If the lens has an adjustable aperture ring, make sure you slide it to f/22 or smallest aperture setting and lock it down.

On the adjustable aperture ring, there should also be a small plastic (or metal) tab that sticks out towards the body. This is what the body uses to determine the aperture setting that the aperture ring is set at, and they often tend to break off unfortunately. (had the problem myself with a 28-300 AF lens)

Take SOME photos of the lens and post it in here. I am sure some of the Nikon shooters can help you identify the lens and maybe able to give you some hint why it does not work with your camera.

Thank you Dao I was thinking about that as I posted that unfortunately I am currently at work. I will definately post some on my lunch break, in a couple of hours.

Okay here are some photos I just took of the lens that will not go on my D40x.

4946673916_78f35d48be_z.jpg

4946671794_838fdde5b5_z.jpg

4946082541_ce5037f8ba_z.jpg

I know there's alot of glare I was in a rish to get these up. Just curious as to why everytime I try to put this lens on my D40x it says lens not attached.

Most reactions

Back