Will my fellow Macro mentors and supporters please check this out!! CC welcome!

blackrose89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok well my money isn't in yet that I will be purchasing my DSLR and Macro tubes with. And to make matters harder for a beginner with a P&S my Tri-pod was unavailable to me at the time.
So below were all free hand.

spiny orbweaver by blackrose1981, on Flickr

Spiny Orbweaver by blackrose1981, on Flickr

spiny orbweaver by blackrose1981, on Flickr

#1 is by far my favorite detail and exposure wise. I like composition on #2, the four different webs spread evenly and the framing between the two branches. #3 is my least favorite.

Last edited:
You have really improved over your initial macro shots... these are pretty good shots for a P'n'S! Lighting is your main issue... as that would allow for more detail in the dark areas. Wait until you get your DSLR... you will see an improvement in detail and sharpness, once you figure the camera out. :)

You have really improved over your initial macro shots... these are pretty good shots for a P'n'S! Lighting is your main issue... as that would allow for more detail in the dark areas. Wait until you get your DSLR... you will see an improvement in detail and sharpness, once you figure the camera out. :)
It was a bit tricky with him with the p&s. If I adjust the exposure Higher the back would be blown out and wash him out. When I tried adjusting it lower all detail was lost. But I did like these, especially #1, so I'm going to play with the exposure more and see what I can do to expose him a little better!

Angel, #2 and #3 are fantastic! Nice job. I'm not sure you'll do any better with an SLR!

#1 just needs a bit of the right side cropped off, and it will be perfect too.

I think these are perfect pix to demonstrate what good results a compact camera can give with the right camerawoman.

Really cool-looking spider, too. I don't think we have those up here in the frozen north...

Angel, #2 and #3 are fantastic! Nice job. I'm not sure you'll do any better with an SLR!

#1 just needs a bit of the right side cropped off, and it will be perfect too.

I think these are perfect pix to demonstrate what good results a compact camera can give with the right camerawoman.

Really cool-looking spider, too. I don't think we have those up here in the frozen north...

Thank you very much! That spider (Spiny Orbweaver) is very very common here!

Last edited:
Ok, WTF is that bug? I have never seen anything like that (thank Jebus)!!!

I think your shoot went well all things considered. :)

Very nice.
I prefer #2. I like the "native habitat" feel of seeing it on its web.
Very creepy little bugger.

Ok, WTF is that bug? I have never seen anything like that (thank Jebus)!!!I think your shoot went well all things considered. :)
Spiny Orbweaver! Looks can be deceiving! This spider is probably one of the safest spiders to run into! Very docile, reluctant to bite and not poisonous at all to humans.

Last edited:
100% Improvement over the last month.
And yes, it will get better with a DSLR and a true macro lens, of good quality.

Angel, great macro shots especially considering you're shooting with a L120. Out of the 3 pictures, 2 is my favorite. Your progress has just been spectacular.

You do very well with that damn point and shoot! I give props to ya. You can't control much as very as settings go an you do well with what you have. You are no lightspeed or Charlie but for now..... Lol!! Keep it up girlie!!!

Most reactions

Back