Winds of the Universe...C&C

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I'd take the standard windmill shot that a lot of people seem to do and put my own spin on it. Rather than simiply getting the silhouette against an awesome sunrise/sunset, I thought I'd take one at night. I also like the contrast of something that is generally seen as moving (windmill), with something that appears static at first glance (stars). I've been trying for two years to get this shot before the conditions cooperated with me, and even now I think I'm going to have to go back for a reshoot.

C&C please!

IMG_9002small.jpg

Canon 5DmkII
ISO 100
f/7.1
27 min exposure

I like your concept, insight and patience for getting this shot. :thumbup:

not sure exactly what you would want to get different in a reshoot..this one looks pretty much spot onto me! very cool

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

The main thing I was hoping to accomplish with a reshoot is to go out when there is less moon, giving me a longer exposure and longer star streaks. I rarely like to stop down much beyond where I was, because it makes the star trails appear much fainter. The only other way to make it give a little is with the light source :thumbup:

not sure exactly what you would want to get different in a reshoot..this one looks pretty much spot onto me! very cool

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

The main thing I was hoping to accomplish with a reshoot is to go out when there is less moon, giving me a longer exposure and longer star streaks. I rarely like to stop down much beyond where I was, because it makes the star trails appear much fainter. The only other way to make it give a little is with the light source :thumbup:

There are always ways to improve an already great photo. An individual photo can evolve over time into something more than just an individual photo.

You could also try some light painting and do the shot as a composite. One exposure to focus completely on the windmill and one to focus on the star trails.

I also like it as is but one must always think how they can take an image they have created and expand and evolve it.

I really like this! Great patience and vision.

Very well said Jake, very well said.

Most reactions

Back