Wine Brunch

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went out with a couple friends to a local winery for a warm fall brunch and brought along my camera for fun. Took a couple shots of the spread and the bottle of wine (which I was fascinated with, awesome color to it)...
ry%3D480

what lens did you use for this?

I thunk everything in the photo looks pretty good, except for that really large, bright hot spot in the background on the left hand side--that blown OOF highlight is very much competing with the other parts of the background and the foregound. I can see though why you were drawn to that beautiful wine bottle and cool-looking label--it's a very graphic,compelling wine bottle.

I believe that to be the sky.
While I agree is does overpower the background, I dont think it really overpowers the bottle, which is where the attention should be.

I took this as I was walking back to the truck. It was of an angel holding her hand up to the sky... I kind of like the way it came out.
ry%3D480

The only think I don't like bout the first photo is that the wine bottle is smack dab in the center. Think rule of thirds. Other then that good photo!

No, you're right; the large, totally blown overexposed highlight doesn't compete for attention with the back ground or the bottle. Large expanses of totally blown highlights look good. Especially when they enter at a frame edge and almost as large as a secondary or reinforcing element like the wineglass.
The composition would be stronger if you could get more overexposed highlights that were totally paper-white.

No, you're right; the large, totally blown overexposed highlight doesn't compete for attention with the back ground or the bottle. Large expanses of totally blown highlights look good. Especially when they enter at a frame edge and almost as large as a secondary or reinforcing element like the wineglass.
The composition would be stronger if you could get more overexposed highlights that were totally paper-white.
Cool:thumbup:

I do appreciate your expert input. I guess It's what I asked for when I put Comments and Critique please, in my title.:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back