Winter in Michigan?

loopguru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Was back home visiting folks and to see the superbowl. (Once I get the Detroit pictures cleaned up I'll post them.)

DSC_1238.jpg

DSC_1184.jpg

DSC_1237.jpg

DSC_1185.jpg

DSC_1297.jpg

DSC_1278a.jpg

Nice series. I like the bright colors of #1 (and #3 :scratch:).
I really like the darkness of the last shot!

nice shots!!! love the last one :thumbup:

Well they did have green grass. Yesterday Detroit and Grand Rapids got 6" of snow.

the last shot did it for me!!!! good effects......

I'm not surprised you're undecided about Photo 3, woodsac, I am too. It looks quite, quite oversaturated to me. Even Photo 1 borders on "too saturated" for my liking, but is still within "the limit" (which is very much my own limit, I should point out, I am not setting any rule here), while Photo 3 is ... hmph... weeeeelllll.....

I like the find of Photo 2 and the colours but think it is cropped a bit tight. It would have been nice to see all of the whatever-it-is in the frame.

But the last consoles with every little flaw I might be detecting in the others - that last one is perfect.
(Am I the only one to instantly think "vonnagy" when I see this?)

I have to agree with LaFoto regarding the saturation. A milder saturation or even B&W versions with strong contrast might have complemented some of the photos IMHO.

I like the last one. Well done.

Great series. The last one rocks!!!!!!!!!

"vonnagy" is one of our members here on TPF who seriously needs to get checked out, you will like his pictures! Give his name into "search" and see what will come up.

A pity he only posts very rarely these days...

loopguru said:
Well they did have green grass. Yesterday Detroit and Grand Rapids got 6" of snow.
I was gonna say!! I lived there for years, and while it wasn't too unusual to have what we called "a green Christmas"....it didn't last very long. :)

You did a very nice job with these. :thumbup:

Well, being from michigan, I must say I am dissapointed with this winter. We just got some snow! however, only 3"... As for the shots, they are very nice. Correct me if Im wrong, but is that grand rapids?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back