Women, are your photos judged more harshly then men's?

Are your photos judged more harshly than men's?

• Yes

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Bacon

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • My photos suck anyway.

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
Just took some sleeping pills, but now I can't stop thinking about BACON !!!!

Any camera gear in those lockers ????????

Usually no, and when they do find some it's usually crap. Nothing old or cool or new and awesome, it's always something in the "couldn't even give it away" range.

Maybe lens shopping will make me sleepy :)

Can't believe I actually looked and laughed at over 8 pages of this drivel and the thread still isn't locked.

Damnit bi**ch, I said a "cold beer" before you head off to Best Buy to get a camera.....

I don't think women get ripped more than men. I think it's a numbers game. More women on TPF advertise in their posts how they are a new, stay at home mommy, natural light photographer - which of course, is like dumping chum into shark infested waters.

Well! I've had some entertaining reading! Because I'm one of those freaks who likes to read the entire thread before I decide to comment or not. And then I had to go read the OTHER thread that started it all...good thing it's Spring Break! :)

I'll first say that I, a vegetarian, voted for Bacon in this matter because I SO don't want to be in the middle of this one.

Next, with an unblemished record of being a pain-in-the-ass feminist who WILL fight when it's needed (anyone want a sammich! ;) ) I will say that I never once felt like I was getting less respect here because of my sex (sex is biological; gender is a cultural construct.) The only times I have felt disrespect had nothing to do with my photos and it came from people who are already inclined to be disrespectful to anyone over any subject.

Is it more difficult for women to get respect in the 'real world' as a professional photographer? I have no idea, thus my bacon vote. Given the difficulty women have had in other traditionally male-dominated fields, it wouldn't surprise me, so it might be true that a photographer's sex may count against her in some circumstances. But in the little TPF microcosm? I haven't seen it.

But then again, lots of y'all thought I was a dude at first ;)

I hadn't seen the other thread that started this all because quite frankly, I pretty much skip the baby photo threads. But of course once it was mentioned here, I had to go do the 'research' and read it, so that's when I noticed I'd actually been mentioned.

Sorry, Paige, I'm usually right with you on stuff I see you post and I love your work, but I honestly can't agree with the idea that my work has been treated unfairly here on TPF because I'm a woman. But I love that you were fighting for us! :hugs:

Can't believe I actually looked and laughed at over 8 pages of this drivel and the thread still isn't locked.

Damnit bi**ch, I said a "cold beer" before you head off to Best Buy to get a camera.....

In all honesty, I posted it kind of in sarcasm to a previous thread expecting a few women to simply say "no" and then the thread would die. I didn't really expect a thread of epic stature.

In all honesty, I posted it kind of in sarcasm to a previous thread expecting a few women to simply say "no" and then the thread would die. I didn't really expect a thread of epic stature.

Woohoo! 13 pages of drivel and still going strong. Lol

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Somebody, regardless of gender, needs to shut up and make me a bacon sandwich.

I voted no, although the bacon choice was tempting.

In real life I've done some local sports photography and even though there don't seem to be too many women sports photographers I didn't experience anyone treating me as if they had a problem with it (someone might have, but never said so to my face!). But I think you earn respect, and once people find out what you can do and you show you know what you're doing they respect a woman being a photographer as well as shooting sports.

I have some applewood smoked to try in the morning.

Ok, so I'm drinking my morning coffee in the office and I'm disappointed...
9 pages and no one said nothing that wrong/strong so far that would cause this thread to get locked!
I expected more!

but... seriously... my TPF experience has nothing to do with sexism. No one was harsh to me because I'm a girl. And even if you're a sexiest then that's your problem, not mine!

Only things that happened related to boy-girl declaration here was that when my avatar was different and my screen name was different, it seemed that everyone thought I was a guy. I didn't mind at all. I found that amusing.

What changed when I said "I'm a girl" was the fact that I experienced a couple of tries of flirting trough PM! Oh yes, they tried!

No one wanted to flirt with me when I was a guy! :er:

Last edited:
Interesting point (since we suddenly went all super serious page 9) but I can't recall ever having to deal with a reported post in relation to sexism on the forums. Now I'm not saying that in the many years since its been founded that its not happened - but that its so rare an occurrence that we really don't have a problem with it on the site.

Most reactions

Back