Women shooting alone in remote locations or at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been hesitant to comment again on this. BUT!
Based on some of the suggestions here, now I have to be more concerned when I'm out strolling along (nope, never thought about it until now). The thought of stepping out of bushes after stalking a bird and startling someone with their hand in a camera bag and finger on a trigger....DAMN

I don't really get scared by going out alone. But again I am 6'2" and 250lbs.

I always find myself trying to put women at ease when I happen to meet one in a parking garage or out in some isolated location. I look scary and I know that's the first thing that goes through their minds. So I normally at least try to say hello or maybe throw out a joke to try and put them at ease.

I do with men as well.

I don't really get scared by going out alone. But again I am 6'2" and 250lbs.

I always find myself trying to put women at ease when I happen to meet one in a parking garage or out in some isolated location. I look scary and I know that's the first thing that goes through their minds. So I normally at least try to say hello or maybe throw out a joke to try and put them at ease.

I do with men as well.

I don't, gotta be that alpha.

I didn't realize you were a lady!

But yeah, he was up to no good.

Yes, I'm a lady. I'm usually behind the camera so I don't have many pics of myself but this is me with my daughter. I guess I should change my avatar at some point to show the real me.

CA 2014 SF_3999d.jpg

This young lady will alpha any dude out there.:thumbyo:

Photography is 1st amendment, Personal protection is 2nd.
Something like a Ruger LCR is great.

Oh my god, enough with the guns, already! The OP has already said it's not going to happen, so why do people keep telling her to get a gun? Not everyone wants a gun. Get over it.

I am a tiny female and I never go outside by myself with the camera :-/
Actually, this sux.

Enviado de meu C2104 usando Tapatalk

Oh my god, enough with the guns, already! The OP has already said it's not going to happen, so why do people keep telling her to get a gun? Not everyone wants a gun. Get over it.

Agreed.

I actually HAVE considered getting a gun, and probably will, when I can afford to do so (I find myself wondering why so many criminals have SO MANY guns--guns aren't cheap!).
BUT--even if I have a gun, I would not take it with me on the type of outings we're talking about here.

I'm a single, middle-aged woman who lives alone, in (or at least quite close to) a part of town that many would call unsafe. I've never had a truly threatening event at home, but I've had some things happen that scared the patookie out of me. For that reason, I would *absolutely* get a gun that I could keep in my home at night.
I would absolutely take my gun with me to various places around town where I feel there is a chance that I could fall victim to robbery or such.

And while I suppose it is certainly possible that I might get held at gunpoint and robbed out on a trail, I have never read a single instance of that happening here locally. EVERY instance I've read about where a woman was attacked on a nature trail or similar area--it has always been an unarmed man who was after one thing--finding easy prey that he could force himself on. In EVERY instance, when the woman fought back, the individual ran. They are looking for weak, easy victims to overcome, not a fight.
I am NOT saying that is always true--it seems like the stories that happen in a more urban setting often do have very different scenarios.

But for the specific scenario of being out on a trail or somewhere like that alone--at least where I live--99 times out of 100, simply being prepared to fight back would cause the perp to take off.
Perhaps that is not the case in other parts of the country, I don't know. I just know how it is here.

Well It's not being out on a nature walks people need to always worry about . This is very rear case but some years back here in CT, a women broke down in her car and she called for a tow service. A very popular tow company that came for the roadside assistance.This tow service company is Very popular because they also have some of the biggest tow rigs around in the state and capable of towing 18 wheel big rig trucks.Anyways I don't remember how long ago it was but I remember hearing or reading about what the Tow driver did. After he hooked the car and If I recall correctly,the women did ride with the driver and he took her somewhere I think secluded then beat and raped her.She survived thankfully to ID the perp for his arrest.

Yeah this all really sucks for women. Its easy to forget that I don't have to fear those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back