Women shooting alone in remote locations or at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my LEO friends told me what he did to gain the respect and admiration of the instructors, who later told the boss that "it's a good thing he's on our side". In short; he found ALL the weapons, and made the suspect safe.

So who else wants to go watch some re-runs of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? No one? Just me? Okay, fine then. More popcorn for me.

So who else wants to go watch some re-runs of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? No one? Just me? Okay, fine then. More popcorn for me.

I'm still in shock............over the..............over how fast the mods took care of that scary post. Replace shock with awe.

I'm still in shock............over the..............over how fast the mods took care of that scary post. Replace shock with awe.

Damn I missed it!!!

Me too!

Our training at work was more on how to be aware and preventive etc. Like, at least a couple of times I remember going to a visit (new referral) and I didn't even get out of the car. For that matter, I didn't even turn off the engine! One looked like a crack house, another looked like it was abandoned (found out later the one family had moved).

Of course in some places you're probably more likely to be aware and just stay the heck away, compared to being in a park or someplace you'd expect to be reasonably safe. Sounds like this was someplace you wouldn't think you'd have to keep an eye out, but they say anything can happen anywhere and it's good to try to be aware of surroundings.

Evidently the "scary" post was mine. Yeah, I imagine the truth is "scary".

Don't you mean to put the ironic quotes around "truth"?

I would really like to live in a world where the women in my life would not have to worry about stranger intentions. We do live in a very safe city, and my daughters have over the year often come home very late at night by themselves, without any incidents. My wife often takes walks by herself after supper, without any concerns. But the local papers do have stories from time to time of assaults or worse. So the possibility of some idiot or twisted person deciding to do something nefarious is very small, but non-zero. So their approach is to stay to well-lit areas, be sure that someone knows where they are walking, and when they are expected to arrive. Other than that, we've taken no special precautions. On the other hand, I put a lot of store into listening to one's spidey sense.

Wow. Now I just feel sorry for you. It must be exhausting to be so angry all the time.

In my best Rodney King voice imitation...can't we all just be friends here? :azzangel:

Wow. Now I just feel sorry for you. It must be exhausting to be so angry all the time.
I notice YOUR comments don't get deleted. Easy for you liberal d-bags to "win" when your opponents are silenced. Don't worry, I'm sure my account will be deleted shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back