Would Anyone Want to Help Me With This?

Chriss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had an idea for a kind of purgatory-feeling shot, and I like the results that came out of it, but I'm having some difficulty with adding in a clock in post processing. I know my way around photoshop, but I wouldn't really consider myself "good" at it. If anyone could help me out on this one (either through giving advice on how to make it more realistic or editing yourself), I'd really appreciate it.

I wanted to go for a kind of Salvador Dali feel with the clock, I'm just having trouble making it look realistic. The thing is, I want it to look fake in the sense that its distorted and such, but I don't want it to look like it was pulled from another image. I don't know, maybe the only way to accomplish that is just to make the clock look normal. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I was able to do with it (sorry for the link, the IMG code made it too big):
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx300/ChrisTheFirst/lll.jpg

And here's the clock:
http://clocksandwatchesonline.com/images/CM4.jpg

Thank you for any help!

I had an idea for a kind of purgatory-feeling shot, and I like the results that came out of it, but I'm having some difficulty with adding in a clock in post processing. I know my way around photoshop, but I wouldn't really consider myself "good" at it. If anyone could help me out on this one (either through giving advice on how to make it more realistic or editing yourself), I'd really appreciate it.

I wanted to go for a kind of Salvador Dali feel with the clock, I'm just having trouble making it look realistic. The thing is, I want it to look fake in the sense that its distorted and such, but I don't want it to look like it was pulled from another image. I don't know, maybe the only way to accomplish that is just to make the clock look normal. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I was able to do with it (sorry for the link, the IMG code made it too big):
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx300/ChrisTheFirst/lll.jpg

And here's the clock:
http://clocksandwatchesonline.com/images/CM4.jpg

Thank you for any help!

Seems to me the only thing lacking is your perspective on the image versus the clock. Scale the clock down a bit, move it further back in the image, and emulate a shadow. Do some blend work between the base of your object and the ground, to make it look planted there.

You've got a really cool thing going here... and it isn't far from being exactly where you want it to be.

Do you own the image of that clock? Do you have permission from the owners to use it?

AaronLLockhart said:
Seems to me the only thing lacking is your perspective on the image versus the clock. Scale the clock down a bit, move it further back in the image, and emulate a shadow. Do some blend work between the base of your object and the ground, to make it look planted there.

You've got a really cool thing going here... and it isn't far from being exactly where you want it to be.

+1 scale and move to give a sense of distance behind you.

Do you own the image of that clock? Do you have permission from the owners to use it?

Are we really starting this again? To the OP, if you don't have permission to use it. Feel free to hop on DeviantArt.com and browse through their photos for clocks, as 99% of them have CC licenses on them allowing you to modify, dissect , and repost their work.

cgipson1 said:

Yes I have permission.

Thank you to the other two - ill try scaling and post the results when I get home.

AaronLLockhart said:
Are we really starting this again? To the OP, if you don't have permission to use it. Feel free to hop on DeviantArt.com and browse through their photos for clocks, as 99% of them have CC licenses on them allowing you to modify, dissect , and repost their work.

So you only obey the law when you feel like it?

cgipson1 said:

Please just drop it. I already told you I have permission to use it. He was suggesting a place I could go if I didn't have permission.

If you have any helpful advice, feel free to share.

I assume you don't speed when driving a car, spit on the sidewalk, cross the street outside of a crosswalk, roll through a stop sign on a right hand turn if no one is coming or around?

So, am I the only one who only abides by the law when I "feel" like it? Drop your "greater than thou" attitude. It's getting REALLY old, Charlie.

By the way, just to humor your argument, I never said for him to use the image anyway, if he didn't have permission. I told him that if he didn't have permission, to go to a site where he can get images where the permission is pre-determined... Honestly, so I wouldn't have to hear your pointless bull**** on the matter in this case more than anything else.

Thanks, and have a nice day ;)

cgipson1 said:

Please just drop it. I already told you I have permission to use it. He was suggesting a place I could go if I didn't have permission.

If you have any helpful advice, feel free to share.

I like what you are doing with the image... it could be very interesting! I am glad that you had permission to use that image...but I did have to check, if for no other reason to make sure you were aware of the possible legal repercussions.

I just dislike the blatant disregard for other people's rights that some people seem to show! How would you feel if someone was stealing your images!

Last edited:
cgipson1 said:
I just dislike the blatant disregard for other people's rights that some people seem to show! How would you feel if someone was stealing your images!

I would like you to elaborate on my blatant disregard for other people's rights that I am showing.

I have never stolen yours, or anyone else's work for that matter. I have no need to. My only complaint is half of you complain and generate problems for the sake of doing so.

A problem doesn't exist until you or the opposite party creates one. You are creating problems that don't even need to be created.

I don't see you running around thread to thread for those posting images they have taken saying "is that your image; do you have permission from the owner to use their image?" how do you even know that the items posted are from the person posted? I can google "D5000" and find a million pictures taken from a d5k, post it and you wouldn't know the difference. Not that I ever would, I'm simply making a point.

All of this copyright bs has gotten way out of hand. If people post copyrighted work, let the mods and the owner of the work deal with it, and quit playing copyright police. This is neither a jailhouse, nor a courtroom. It's a photography forum.

Keep it that way.

.............Suppose I claim that this picture belongs to me. What would they require as proof of ownership?

Who is 'they'?

Peano said:
This is what the Barneys never stop to think about.

Suppose I claim that this picture belongs to me. What would they require as proof of ownership?

I agree 100%

The only TRUE way for copyright infringement to ever take place is for the original owner of the stolen photo to create an account here and say "hey, that's my image."

Like I said, all of these copyright circumstances are made completely for no reason what so ever, and they accomplish absolutely nothing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back