Xti, D40, or D80?

Thanks everyone.

I do not think I will be buying good glass anytime soon...

What does the d40 build quality have that the Rebel does not?

The biggest advantage is that it seems to have been designed to for the hands of full-size adults as opposed to Bushwick Bill or an eight year old. Additionally, the cheap plastics feel slightly less cheap on a D40. It just seems like absolutely no time was spent on the Rebel's external design. I tried almost every entry-level DSLR last year and the Rebel was at the bottom of the list simply because the ergonomics were so appalling. To each his own, but keep that one away from me.

hi
I have had my D40 for six weeks now and absolutely love it. quality feel to it, battery life is fantastic, only charged ir once in six weeks and picture quality is great.

just my twopenneth good luck in your search

MIck

I'm not really interested in the XSi. Many people have told me that it is the Xti, plus live view, and not worth the extra $$$

I'm not sure I understand why anyone with an SLR would need "live view" when you look through the lens to compose your shot anyway. I absolutely hate trying to use my coolpix outdoors because the only way to compose the shot is with the LCD.

I've had my XTi for about 6 months and I am very satisfied with it. Personally, I wouldn't buy the d40 because of the auto-focus issue with some lenses. Otherwise they are similar quality cameras and both are great entry level cameras.

I kinda wish people would stop complaining about the D40's lack of an internal focusing motor.

Nikon's best glass has an internal focus motor built into the lens anyway (except perhaps the worshipped 85mm 1.4). It's not really a big issue. Not even worth bringing up.

Some great glass you can get include:
12-24 2.8G
24-70 2.8G
70-200 2.8G VR
(These are three of the best lenses made by any company EVER (IMO))
200mm 2.0
400mm 2.8
Sigma 30mm 1.4
Sigma 300mm 2.8

etc.

I kinda wish people would stop complaining about the D40's lack of an internal focusing motor.

Nikon's best glass has an internal focus motor built into the lens anyway (except perhaps the worshipped 85mm 1.4). It's not really a big issue. Not even worth bringing up.

Some great glass you can get include:
12-24 2.8G
24-70 2.8G
70-200 2.8G VR
(These are three of the best lenses made by any company EVER (IMO))
200mm 2.0
400mm 2.8
Sigma 30mm 1.4
Sigma 300mm 2.8

etc.

What about the cheaper lenses, which a person who is buying a cheaper camera would look at?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back