Yongnuo flash

minuj23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone suggest the best Yongnuo flash? Something that is just mounted on the hotshoe but can be tilted up/down and turned left/right. Is it a wise investment? Or do we really have to go with our brand's flash? I don't plan on taking up photography as a career. Just indoor family shoots, some friend's special occasion and the likes. Thanks!

I'm afraid I know nothing about Yongnuo flash (In fact I've never heard of them before) so I can't comment or make any suggestions, but the big advantage to using a flash made by your camera's manufacturer is that you will get fully automatic/TTL flash metering, whereas with this type of third-party equipment you will have only manual flash exposure. Manual flash exposure isn't difficult, but automatic is a lot nicer.

here's the website where i plan on buying the Yongnuo flashes. Sorry for the link cause I understand some don't want to open links. :thumbup:

YONGNUO

I bought my lighting from Henry's and was very satisfied with the service. One of the reflectors for the mono-lights was dented and they shipped me a replacement right away...

As far as Yongnuo flashes go, I am unfamiliar with them. But I have heard a couple of people recommend them...

Problem with chinesse equipment is they dont last long, at the long run you end up paying more than buying original. these flashes sell at ebay for 60-100 dlls.

I bought my lighting from Henry's and was very satisfied with the service. One of the reflectors for the mono-lights was dented and they shipped me a replacement right away...

As far as Yongnuo flashes go, I am unfamiliar with them. But I have heard a couple of people recommend them...

Are you sure that's the same Henrys?

Having viewed the website, it looks like these units have TTL modules built-in, so you will in fact be able to have automatic flash-exposure. In that event, my recommendation is to buy the unit with the highest guide number (equates to flash out-put power) that you can afford.

yea I doubt it's the same Henry's since this is in Manila. :)

So my benchmark should be highest GN that supports TTL and it could be a decent flash?

yea I doubt it's the same Henry's since this is in Manila. :)

So my benchmark should be highest GN that supports TTL and it could be a decent flash?
I can't comment on the quality of the brand as I know nothing about them, but assuming it's a decent quality product, than typically the highest guide number with TTL support will be your best bet. I would suggest searching on-line for product reviews before you commit.

You can find some reliable reviews here: Yongnuo YN-468 Flash Review | Speedlights.net (also other models have been reviewed).
The linked one is about Yongnuo YN468, that has TTL for Canon too (you have to choose one with the right TTL protocol for your camera).
I own a YN465 in the Canon version and I'm overall glad of it. Guide number is lower than major brands, but not bad for learning and for basic usage.
They are now well known for off camera flash, because all of them have manual modes.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back