You driod fellows will like this one

Same chit different day.

Is it the shape of his head that makes the hat look stupid or is it just a ridiculous hat

Good video

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't really see the point of this video, and do not applaud the deliberate antagonizing of an officer. You wanna fly your drone, fly your drone, but in my view this thread does not belong in Articles of Interest, but rather here, as it is mainly aerial photography of the police station.

Idiot cop. Typical bully. NO KNOWLEDGE whatsoever of the laws, or court decisions affirming the laws of the United States. The cop is a total dick.

Like his supervisor said, "Not a problem. He can videotape as much as he wants."

Asshat cop. Like many of them are. The officer repeatedly and emphatically tried to overstep a citizen's rights. IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE--and that goes double for cops who walk around with a gun, and a badge, and an idiotic attitude. Ignorantly trying to enforce one's personal opinion on citizens, with ZERO knowledge--that's what the officer was trying to do. Defending that type of bad policing is highly dubious. This is just like stop-and-frisk.

Imagine a cop who has no legal basis enforcing whatever the hell he wants as "the law". That is exactly what the officer was doing. There is zero defense for that kind of bad-cop B.S.. None.

I don't really see the point of this video, and do not applaud the deliberate antagonizing of an officer. You wanna fly your drone, fly your drone, but in my view this thread does not belong in Articles of Interest, but rather here, as it is mainly aerial photography of the police station.

I don't applaud deliberate antagonizing of citizens doing 100% legal activity without reasonable articulatable suspicion a crime is being committed, about to be committed, or has been committed.

Idiot cop. Typical bully. NO KNOWLEDGE whatsoever of the laws, or court decisions affirming the laws of the United States. The cop is a total dick.

Like his supervisor said, "Not a problem. He can videotape as much as he wants."

Asshat cop. Like many of them are. The officer repeatedly and emphatically tried to overstep a citizen's rights. IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE--and that goes double for cops who walk around with a gun, and a badge, and an idiotic attitude. Ignorantly trying to enforce one's personal opinion on citizens, with ZERO knowledge--that's what the officer was trying to do. Defending that type of bad policing is highly dubious. This is just like stop-and-frisk.

Imagine a cop who has no legal basis enforcing whatever the hell he wants as "the law". That is exactly what the officer was doing. There is zero defense for that kind of bad-cop B.S.. None.

If I was the guy taking the video, I would simply say, "OK, if I've broken a law, arrest me. The fact that I refuse to identify myself does not have any bearing on whether flying a drone is legal or not. Cuff me and stuff me and let the county attorney deal with it. If it gets that far, I want to see a judge. Otherwise, I should be free to go."

The guy instead told the street-level officer to do what he should have done without being prompted: to ASK a more-experienced, higher-ranking, and presumably SMARTER and BETTER-INFORMED superior officer how to handle a situation that he was clearly incapable of handling on his own. Instead, the street-level officer continued to repeatedly pursue his unproductive, combative approach. He clearly needs more training and a major attitude adjustment because he was unable to handle a very simple interaction with a member of the public. This is typical of many young men in their 20's and early 30's...not enough seasoning to handle interacting with the public, an inability to demonstrate sound judgement, reasoning, and the inability to even admit that he DOESN'T KNOW SQUAT ABOUT what he is asserting he has a legal right to do.

The young, inexperienced trooper showed very poor skills in conflict resolution, and was a terrible representative of his department. There's a reason he is at the very bottom of the ranks. People have a right to expect all LEO's to KNOW the LAWS they are supposedly enforcing! Again, ignorance of the law is no excuse...how many times have we heard that old maxim applied to citizens? And yet, we have people defending flat-out BAD COPS. That's not logical.

He clearly needs more training and a major attitude adjustment because he was unable to handle a very simple interaction with a member of the public.

he doesn't need to know the law, that's what the state's lawyers are for to sort out all his object violations after the fact.

Heien v. North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heien v. North Carolina, 574 U.S. ___ (2014), is a decision by the United States Supreme Court, ruling that a police officer's reasonable mistake of law can provide the individualized suspicion required by the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution to justify a traffic stop. The Court delivered its ruling on December 15, 2014.

Cops can literally claim ignorance of the law while enforcing the law.

But also in that same ruling:
If it is appropriate to presume that citizens know the parameters of the criminal laws, it is surely appropriate to expect the same of law enforcement officers—at least with regard to unambiguous statutes. Heien v. North Carolina, 135 S. Ct. 530, 540 (2014).

Basically in Heien, there was question on what constituted "working" brakes or not. The officer had one idea, the driver another. So there was a question on interpretation.

But a lot of people are using the same case, and the above statement as defense or invalid stops were officers just make up laws. In this case, Heien was quoted by the defense because a person open-carrying, where it was perfectly legal, was stopped by an officer (who knew it was legal), and then was arrested for contempt of cop when he refused to identify.

Last edited:
If ignorance of the law is an excuse, than can one's ignorance of the LACK of a law be acceptable?

Honestly you get what you pay for. People ***** and moan that cops are so bad but then they ***** and moan when they have to pay more in taxes.

You know why the service sucks at mcdonalds? Because everyone gets paid minimum wage. You know why cops act like dicks? Because they risk their lives and deal with scum bags every day for an average of $30k to start and around $45k after a decade of service.

Pay officers better, pay for them to have more training.

The officer had one idea, the driver another. So there was a question on interpretation.

Exactly, my definition of "too drunk to operated a lawn mower on main street" was way different than the officer's.

Most reactions

Back