Big Decision!!

Canon 40D or Nikon D300

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems that liela is a die-hard Canon user judging by the two posts put up. The first read like there were unresolved issues from that individual and I havent read the links on liela because I could care less. Pretty much as I could care less of your decision because whatever you decide is due to your own research, testing and personal convictions. The camera you finally decide to hold is inconsequential to me. I just hope that whatever your decision, your are at one with the camera. I can empathize your position and will say that this Nikon shooter is quite willing to have a day out, regardless of the badge on your camera.

LOL
I was just trying to help. I am not actually "die-hard". I was considering changing as well. The D300 is out of my price range. It looks pretty appetizing. My signature is just kinda a joke cause i think it's silly to sit around naming each lens i have. Sarcasm can't really be sensed in text though.

Oh, I'd have to fly in, but that's not an issue. Been to Orlando a few times already but only once for Disney World/Land can't keep them separate. If only I had a Super Bowl ring I would know for sure where I was going.

LOL!!

Yeah, that list did seem kind of trivial.
Now my stupid check just needs to hurry up and get here!

If anyone needs 'moron beeps' or whatever, it's Ken Rockwell HAHA.

'Eh, *wipes away tear*, I'm Ken Rockwell and a camera that beeps at the wrong times can't possibly take good shots, or maybe it's just that I suck at photography and only have one creative bone in my body and it's already in use, thinking of new ways to complain about meaningless things.'

'Eh, *wipes away tear*, I'm Ken Rockwell and a camera that beeps at the wrong times can't possibly take good shots, or maybe it's just that I suck at photography and only have one creative bone in my body and it's already in use, thinking of new ways to complain about meaningless things.'

I have no clue who he is, so I take it at face value anyway. :)

lmao

Damn, I just put it together. liela and lifeafter2am, you two should get together for a shoot and post up photos of sweet Orlando for the rest of us to view. C'mon, whatcha waitin' on.

I have no clue who he is, so I take it at face value anyway. :)

Don't use his face though, the only thing that's valuable for is scaring small children and turning girls into lesbians. And I don't need help turning girls into lesbians, I've got that under control on my own.

Damn, I just put it together. liela and lifeafter2am, you two should get together for a shoot and post up photos of sweet Orlando for the rest of us to view. C'mon, whatcha waitin' on.

My insurance check! lol.

Trenton Romulox said:
Don't use his face though, the only thing that's valuable for is scaring small children and turning girls into lesbians. And I don't need help turning girls into lesbians, I've got that under control on my own.

LMAO!!!

And I don't need help turning girls into lesbians, I've got that under control on my own.

I think I have turned a few myself over the years :lmao:............not that theré's anything wrong with that.

LOL, that got me pretty good. Ken Rockwell is a toolbox.

But yeah, I think you'll be more than happy with the d300. Nikon's bodies are built extremely well, even there lower end stuff.

Just borrow Randy Moss'.

Oh wait...

I think I have turned a few myself over the years :lmao:............not that theré's anything wrong with that.

You guys were on a roll tonight! :lol:

D300 has my vote.

The Canon one is a Manual Focus, and at that zoom size, I have heard is is fun to focus....lol. I didn't think about extension tubes, that might work.

Do the high end Nikon lenses have FTM (Full Time Manual) focus like the Canons?

Well yeah, the older Nikon lenses are definetely full time manual. I think they have a series of lenses that allow you to autofocus and then turn the focus ring to adjust while it's still in the same focusing mode. I don't see how having a full MF lens is advantageous compared to a lens that can autofocus and manual focus at the flip of a switch.

Huh ... who is this Rockwell-dude? :lmao:

Huh ... who is this Rockwell-dude? :lmao:

He's this guy that has a website, Kenrockwell.com, and he thinks he's the all holy God of photography. And the best part of it, his actual photography sucks. He's similar to Bjorn Rorslett, except Bjorn isn't a douche.

Edit: I'm sure Ken will see this thread sometime, I'm 98% sure he Googles his name every morning when he wakes up. Unless the guy is nocturnal, which wouldn't shock me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back