Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I've been bitten by the digital SLR bug so hard I think I'm gonna start bleeding. I WANT ONE!!! But, I can't really afford one right off, so I'm saving like mad. Anyway, my question is this...I've just really started looking into the different ones. My boyfriend has a Digital Rebel that I'm in love with, so I was just gonna go for one of those, but, I thought I'd look at what else there was to offer. I'm really starting to fall for the D10, but it's so much more expensive! So...my question is this...is it worth all that extra saving??? This is a real stretch for me, cuz I really don't have a lot to throw around? Any advice or suggestions would be great! Thanks!

If you're on a budget, buy the cheaper camera and the best lenses you can afford. The main differences between the 10D and the DReb are in build quality. They use the same sensor so image quality should be equal. The 10D is just built a bit sturdier and has a few extra bells and whistles.

IMO, in-camera extras increase image quality FAR less than the quality of the glass attached to the front of the camera.

They are identical as far as features go, the digital rebel is a 10D with some features disabled, you can download firmware updates that re-enable them.

Drlynn is right though, the 10D is sturdier as far as build.

Explain to him why he needs to upgrade to the D10 and keep the Rebel as a backup. Then just borrow the Rebel for him.

Also in the used market you could look into a Canon 30D or 60D, but neither of them are any good for action shots, they would work fine for landscapes. IMO most of the 60D on Ebay are over priced

drlynn said:
If you're on a budget, buy the cheaper camera and the best lenses you can afford. The main differences between the 10D and the DReb are in build quality. They use the same sensor so image quality should be equal. The 10D is just built a bit sturdier and has a few extra bells and whistles.

IMO, in-camera extras increase image quality FAR less than the quality of the glass attached to the front of the camera.

Couldn't agree more but there really is a significant difference in build quality so I suggest you handle both before you decide.
You may even prefer the lighter Rebel.
Also, please don't think I'm putting the Rebel down (just because I own a 10D), it really is a great camera.

Thanks everyone! I actually think the money thing is going to restrict me to the Rebel anyway...not that that is a bad thing! I am very excited as, I recently discovered I have $500.00 in savings that I didn't know about!!!! So, I'M HALF WAY TO MY REBEL!!!!! You don't even KNOW (well...ya probably DO) how anxious I am to save the rest of the money up! Heh heh....ok, back to work for me...gotta make that $$$$$$!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back