Sopwith Camel (Snoopy's plane :)

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Scott WRG Editor, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Scott WRG Editor

Scott WRG Editor King of Smoothness

[​IMG]

I like the impression of speed the background gives with this picture but what do you all think? Also are the colors just a bit overwhelming?

2. Walt

Walt TPF Noob!

The background overpowers the plane. Nice capture though. Good sense of motion.

3. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Ditto. Awesome plane, bad background. You could go into PS and try to burn that background by hand to darken it some. It'd take awhile, but might be worth the effort.

4. Scott WRG Editor

Scott WRG Editor King of Smoothness

Yeah, when I first chose that one I liked the vibrant colors but on further consideration I was beginning to think the colors to dominating, I guess I was correct.

5. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

I don't think it's so much that the colors are too vibrant, it's just that the *background* colors are a bit overpowering. A slightly wider angle shot that has the plane just past the buildings, or a PSed shot with the buildings burned quite a bit, would probably be better I think. STILL!!! Great panning shot--I agree with your original assessment that it gives a great feeling of the speed of takeoff.