The DEATH of the Consumer Camera?

I really like yellow peppers (banana peppers) on a sub sandwich. They're delicious.

It's not so much a revelation as an expected (and detailed) history. I only made it halfway, which is unfortunate because I think he was finally past the history lesson and going to get to the point. But, I think I disagree. Consumer cameras aren't gone, it's just that what used to be pro-quality cameras are the new consumer cam, and it will keep going that way for a while.

People have been declaring that painting is dead since 1898 because of photography. Guess what? It's not.
Wait.......................... what.................................. you actually listened to and then thought about something that Tony Northrup said. :confused-55:

are-you-in-the-overkill-cult-600x300.jpg

View attachment 127179
One glass every morning and you to can be a fauxtographer.

Joe
Is the Tony Northrup Kool-Aid like the Jim Jones Kool-Aid?

Hmmm. Just click and send money to Tony and you'll be in fauxtog heaven. Does have a familiar ring.

Joe

No, no, guys. I just had a crying baby and it was like "oh, something that will keep her entertained *and* I can have an informed opinion about it."

No, no, guys. I just had a crying baby and it was like "oh, something that will keep her entertained *and* I can have an informed opinion about it."
Too late, there is no getting out of it, you admitted on the inter web that you actually listened to Tony Northrup. That's like stepping in dog poop. You can try to scrape it off with a stick but the stink is still there. :laughing:

Too late, there is no getting out of it, you admitted on the inter web that you actually listened to Tony Northrup. That's like stepping in dog poop. You can try to scrape it off with a stick but the stink is still there. :laughing:

Truth be told, I actually had no idea who he was. It wasn't until reading all your comments that I knew his name and got the impression he was not well loved. I just thought he was boring.

Truth be told, I actually had no idea who he was. It wasn't until reading all your comments that I knew his name and got the impression he was not well loved. I just thought he was boring.
Lol. Don't let the peanut gallery get you down. The guy featured in the video has a reputation for putting out a lot of confusing information that many times turns out to be misinformation so he's not well thought of by many of the folks here.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Define "consumer camera." I, for one, do not consider a DLSR a "consumer camera." A DSLR is for someone who is more interested in photography than your average bear. Sure, there are entry level "consumer" models, but that is just to distingish thwm feom pros - I don't think this has anything to do with your typical "consumers" of digital photgraphy. They just want to snap away to capture moments, events, vacation spots, and don't really care that much about how the image gets taken or even how well it comes out. Can we make out the faces? Not blurry? No one has derp face? Can I sufficiently impress my Facebook friends with a picture of this tourist site?

A "consumer camera" then, is one that can satisfy a typical consumer, and those cameras aren't even close to death. They're just called "smartphones" now. And as long as there are people with more than just a passing interest in photography, there will be entry level DSLR/mirrorless cameras and higher ends for the pros.

But what the hell do I care as long as there is film :D (No, it's not dead either.)

Last edited:
Define "consumer camera." I, for one, do not consider a DLSR a "consumer camera." A DSLR is for someone who is more interested in photography than your average bear. Sure, there are entry level "consumer" models, but I don't think that has to do wit hyouA typical "consumer" just wants to snap away to capture moments, events, vacation spots, and who doesn't really care that much about how the image gets taken or even how well it comes out. Can we make out the faces? Not blurry? No one has derp face? I can sufficiently impress my Facebook friends with a picture of this tourist site?

A "consumer camera" then, is one that can satisfy a typical consumer, and those cameras aren't even close to death. They're just called "smartphones" now. And as long as there are people with more than just a passing interest in photography, there will be entry level DSLR/mirrorless cameras and higher ends for the pros.

But what the hell do I care as long as there is film :D (No, it's not dead either.)

You didn't step in the poop too..................did you?

Joe

I know Tony isn't very popular on this forum and I'm not gonna lie, I get it. Dude is... interesting. Still, a pretty interesting video with some interesting statistics and charts.

Define "consumer camera." I, for one, do not consider a DLSR a "consumer camera." A DSLR is for someone who is more interested in photography than your average bear. Sure, there are entry level "consumer" models, but I don't think that has to do with your typical "consumer." They just want to snap away to capture moments, events, vacation spots, and don't really care that much about how the image gets taken or even how well it comes out. Can we make out the faces? Not blurry? No one has derp face? Can I sufficiently impress my Facebook friends with a picture of this tourist site?

You didn't step in the poop too..................did you?

Joe

If you mean watch the video, no, I have better things to do. :) Otherwise, I'm not sure what poop I would have stepped in (other than the sentence that I hadn't finished editing before hitting Reply :aiwebs_016: )

I know Tony isn't very popular on this forum and I'm not gonna lie, I get it. Dude is... interesting. Still, a pretty interesting video with some interesting statistics and charts.
Not without twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one it's not.

Lol. Don't let the peanut gallery get you down. The guy featured in the video has a reputation for putting out a lot of confusing information that many times turns out to be misinformation so he's not well thought of by many of the folks here.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk
Your just jealous cause the elephants get all the peanuts. Sorry, no banana gallery today.

Yes we have no bananas
We have no bananas today
We have string beans and onions
Cabbages and scallions
And all kinds of fruit, and say

We have an old fashioned tomato
A Long Island potato
But yes we have no bananas
We have no bananas today

Yes we have no bananas
We have no bananas today
We have string beans and onions