11-October-sunrise (updated, with photos added)

Ah, thank you all for looking! :goodvibe:
Makes me happy to real all your comments.

It was a nice experience to be out there again yesterday morning. Today does not look quite as promising, though, it is fairly misty (more so than it was yesterday).

Hey, all those who think I had to get up extra early for these: sunrise is past 7:30h these days, so ... not quite the need to get up extra early. When I was out to take the photos of which one became my present avatar I had to be in the spot a good 2 hours earlier! ;)

But I missed a good many chances of capturing wildlife yesterday morning, since I only quickly let the Powershot slip into my pocket and left the 350D with the 70-300mm at home (it IS a bit dangerous for the camera to go rollerblading with me, though it has worked on several occasions before when the Powershot was in Norway_with_my_son ) - there were deer galore about, and so many cranes on that one field, and the cutest of red squirrels and and and, and I could not "reach" them, not even with the little zoom there is in the Powershot.

(C'mon folks, go check out Florian's Norway-submissions, he is getting quite disheartened with the little response he's getting).

Hai LaFoto,
Another excellent series. Somehow of all I got stuck with the #4. As Alex said maybe it's because of the mood it creates.
And more don't make another long pause. Excercise make you fit and if possible more fit to take a lot many photos. And according to me SUNRISE is the most inspiring theme of all in photography.

number 3 for me

but I think we all need to see a shot of YOU roller Blading with your camera

Yes, Ravi, that is a bird, a crow, and it was cleaning itself, so unfortunately I only captured it with its head somewhere in its feathers... I WANTED the whole bird to show, but ... it does not. Hmph.
But on the other hand I didn't want to stop and stay in my locations for too long since those tours on rollerblades are supposed to be EXERCISE ;).

And well, Sabine once took a photo of me rollerblading, Andy, and posted it here somewhere, I guess, but not me WITH the camera in hands. Such photo still does not exist.

Great series Corinna.. I like number 3,4 and 5 the best!!! Really well done here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaFoto said:
[...] But I missed a good many chances of capturing wildlife yesterday morning, since I only quickly let the Powershot slip into my pocket and left the 350D with the 70-300mm at home [...]

Maybe you should consider one of those superzooms, LaFoto?

very nice indeed. I especially like the second one. I cant put my finger on why though

It is now 7:34 a.m. or so where I am and there is no nice sunrise to be expected this morning, so it is no use going out trying to capture anything but maybe I am lucky tomorrow morning - I plan to go for a WALK for a change (might be quieter than the sound of the blades on the asphalt, who knows?) and will carry the 350D with the 70-300mm lens --- I might get the odd bird or deer then, who knows? Would you like to see pics of my "missed chances" from Wednesday morning?

abraxas said:
...Where in Germany is Lower Saxony? My map doesn't get too detailed.

Oh, just now this so far still unanswered question is coming back to my mind. Lower Saxony is one of the 16 lands (provinces) of Germany, and it is the part in red on this map here:

ger-dir-niedersachsen.gif

If you draw an imaginary line from Hamburg to Bremen, we live exactly halfway between the two on that line. Come to have a look in May of 2008. (See signature link for more details).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back