2nd HDR try (I think ive cracked it)

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a 2nd attement at HDR. I think this one turned out a lot better than my first effort. It is a shot of the inside of one of our local chapels.This time I just used 9 seperate ex from one raw file rather tha 3 RAW files which I didin my first HDR try. What do you think?

hdr32.jpg

its very nice. good choice on making it an HDR. it a little crooked though..watch that horizon

I think you did a great job. I bet it wasn't easy to get every exposure right so that you don't get dark areas when processing. It's an awesome view actually. It must look even better when you view it in full resolution.

I think you did a great job. I bet it wasn't easy to get every exposure right so that you don't get dark areas when processing. It's an awesome view actually. It must look even better when you view it in full resolution.

Thanks Mersad,It does look good in full screen. I have been messing with that one for a while now then I got photomatix and it is amazing.it has not got much features but The tone mapping one is fantastic.

I personally think it looks pretty level. What I would use to judge that would be the steps at the front. Cause looking at it, I don't know what else you could expect to be level given your POV

Beautiful, lovely colours, lots of detail :) I'd say it's tilted a degree or two to the left though ..

I've also being trying some pics with more than 3 versions of the RAW image, haven't got anything usable yet though ;-)

Perfect situation for HDR. You were able to bring out a lot of detail that otherwise would have been lost, so I guess it's mission accomplished. I'd de-saturate it a tad, to make it look more natural, but that's just me.

Here is a 2nd attement at HDR. I think this one turned out a lot better than my first effort.
I don't think I saw the first one, but I like this one. Well done.

This time I just used 9 seperate ex from one raw file rather tha 3 RAW files which I didin my first HDR try. What do you think?

I'm a little confused. Is this 1 RAW, processed 9 times, or 9 seperate shots merged?

I'm a little confused. Is this 1 RAW, processed 9 times, or 9 seperate shots merged?

So was I at first.The easiest way to explain this is to take one shot at a neutral exposure in RAW format then convert that one RAW file 9 times only each time you do the RAW to JPEG conversion on each time convert t at 9 diffrent exposures from -4,3,-2 all the way up to + 4 so you will then have 9 seperate exposures in JPEG format from 1 RAW file.Once you have got yourimages open up photomatix and follow the usual merge To HDR tab. There is no need to use the allign files tab as the 9 shots are just 9 variations of 1 shot. Then playaround with the tonemapping untill you are happy. I havent quite figured out HDR yet my self but its great fun.

Thanks for all the comments folks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back