A few new shots... Cc please

LynziMarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need some tips on how to make these shots a little better...
I played around with photoshop with them, but they still need a little something, maybe it's just not a good shot to begin with...

1. "Destruction of a Rose"
DSC_0030-6.jpg

2. this is one that I'm not sure about...
DSC_0060-4.jpg

3. I can't figure out how to lighten it just right...
DSC_0075-2.jpg

4. I kind of like the end result of this one
DSC_0073-5.jpg

5. I like the end result of this one, too, but something about the mountain looks too purple...
DSC_0082-2.jpg

#1: looks like you used built-in flash - which is a sure way to kill a shot. Built-in flash sucks! Not sure what kind of camera you're using, but get an external flash if you can

#2: Her face looks really out of focus.

#3: extremely tilted

#4: not bad, but a little overexposed

#5: decent, but I agree about the color. I'm not sure why that is because the white balance seems to be correct to me; the whites of the clouds do look white.

yeah... I use a Nikon D50, but I can't afford an external flash, so I use what I got... I'll get there eventually.

Thanks for the cc! :)

on 2 i screwed it up with the crap I did to it on photoshop... I still need to work on it.
and I tilted numero 3 just a little on purpose... just kind of fyi hehe

Keep an eye out on craigslist for a flash--usually you can find one for fairly cheap if you're patient. If not, there are these built-in-flash diffusers they make, that really soften direct flash (So I hear). I've never used it, so I don't really know, but it may be worth looking into...or taking pictures of flowers in the daytime.
I'd work on focus and composition for the second one. It's not a bad photo, she just doesn't look good in it. Her pose is too closed off, her face looks...expressionless, and a string of her hair is going down her cleavage. Pay attention to the details.

Her eyes look cool in #4, but it looks like you used flash, and I'm not sure why. Until you can afford an external flash, learn how to expose a photo properly in the daytime. This way, you will be able to discern when/when not to use a flash better, and knowing how to expose a photo properly is what it's all about anyway! :)

The last one is very nice, but the clouds look a little blown. Work with the white balance in that photo (before any of the Photoshop adjustments you made) and you may find that it fixes the problem. This can be done on camera and in Photoshop.

Keep an eye out on craigslist for a flash--usually you can find one for fairly cheap if you're patient. If not, there are these built-in-flash diffusers they make, that really soften direct flash (So I hear). I've never used it, so I don't really know, but it may be worth looking into...or taking pictures of flowers in the daytime.
I'd work on focus and composition for the second one. It's not a bad photo, she just doesn't look good in it. Her pose is too closed off, her face looks...expressionless, and a string of her hair is going down her cleavage. Pay attention to the details.

Her eyes look cool in #4, but it looks like you used flash, and I'm not sure why. Until you can afford an external flash, learn how to expose a photo properly in the daytime. This way, you will be able to discern when/when not to use a flash better, and knowing how to expose a photo properly is what it's all about anyway! :)

The last one is very nice, but the clouds look a little blown. Work with the white balance in that photo (before any of the Photoshop adjustments you made) and you may find that it fixes the problem. This can be done on camera and in Photoshop.
thanks!!

I actually didn't use a flash on number 4, just made it a lottabit too bright in photoshop (I should've fixed it BEFORE I posted it here...durr)

I'll eventually get an external flash, I just have to prioitize (however that's spelled... I couldn't think of a better word haha) what I get and when. I think a flash will be my first upgrade, maybe... idk. haha
the flower shot was actually at midnight in my bedroom... just the overhead light and my flash, it was kind of more to make sure I didn't forget the idea than to actually make it THE shot... but it turned out alright, I like the concept of it more than the actual photo

I thought I'd add the original of #4 so you can see what it actually looks like... I over did it a bit on all of them having fun on Photoshop :)

DSC_0073-6.jpg

Look into getting Adobe's Lightroom if you don't have it yet. The fill light option and recovery option in it would help this image a lot, plus it makes going through your images a thousand times easier. I was using Photoshop for 2 years, and then got Lightroom and my photo editing has improved by leaps and bounds since then. The before/after view feature also helps you to know if you've gone overboard without opening another file.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back