A MOOSE

If go looking for moose to shoot in the spring be careful. They are extreemly dangerous. They are territorial and aggressive and will charge chase follow and attempt to kill you.

But if you live in an area where you actually got a pic of one then you probably know how they are.

If you're editing in Lightroom, what I've been doing recently is using the manual whitebalance dropper and finding the whitest bit of snow (that's not blown out) i can and setting the WB from that. usually works pretty good. then just tweak it from there.

Forkie: I believe you're right. I didn't have enough time to look at my settings before he'd leave so I just shot with whatever it was in last.

RLM: I've never been personally charged by a moose but I've heard all the stories. Thankfully I was just driving past this one in my car. Generally they don't charge cars (at least I haven't heard of this).

Altitude: Ok so I've seen that dropper thing but I'm not sure how to use it. When I get a chance I'll do some googling to see what the inter-web has to say about it.

Altitude: Ok so I've seen that dropper thing but I'm not sure how to use it. When I get a chance I'll do some googling to see what the inter-web has to say about it.

Basically, when your image is up in LR... you click the dropper and then you select the pixels that you want to use for the White Balance. You'll see a little grid window open by the dropper so you can precisely see what you're selecting; as well as the preview of the image will change as you move the dropper around so you can instantly see the results.

I have a trial of LightZone...this is different than LightRoom right? Is lightroom better?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back