What's new

A picture only the shooter can love?

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok guys I'm curious, do you have pictures that you really like but can't explain why? Pictures that aren't received well by the masses but you still love them?

Post your shots that speak to you but not necessarily to the masses, they need love too!

Here is a shot I took as we drove past @100km/hr. I can't quite tell you why I like it but I do :)

 
Most people don't get my Angel pictures, but they are among my favorites...

Concord%20Cemetary%20Angels%20-%20082.jpg
 
Ooo ! I love the texture, light on her face and dark sky!
 
Great idea for a thread! Thanks!

Probably the main reason we took the photos in the first place is because the scene has triggered some emotion in us, but unfortunately that same feeling is not protrayed in the pic to the point that it is universally recognized.
 
Manaheim... I like that angel... do you have a B&W version?
 
Both these images fail to belong to the category mentioned because they are really fine...i think most will like them.Better luck next time ;)
 
Manaheim, I LOVE that Angel photo! But then I love taking photos in cemeteries.

I am afraid that MOST of my photos would fit nicely into this thread's theme. :lol:
Here's the first one I came across on my Flickr page. I think the reason I especially like it is because it's the church I belong to. It was also one of my first attempts at silhouettes.

 
$Jado&Sanad.webp

Nothing about this picture is "right" & no one likes it.... except me :meh:


OH and ignore the big hideous watermark :sexywink:
 
Back to the original post ... This is a strange photo that works for me too because it looks like you caught them at something. I like the way some of the heads point into the open area, and the birch (?) tree in the background does this as well. I would crop the sides closer to the two foreground trees. If there is less to see beyond those trees the viewer's eye will be drawn there less, and will spend more time in the center where you want it.
 
Sorry for the mega quote here lol You guys responded too fast for me to keep up lol

Great idea for a thread! Thanks!

Probably the main reason we took the photos in the first place is because the scene has triggered some emotion in us, but unfortunately that same feeling is not protrayed in the pic to the point that it is universally recognized.
Thanks Designer, great thought. I suspect a lot of the time that is the case, shots of things that are specific to our own experience that doesn't quite translate.
Manaheim... I like that angel... do you have a B&W version?
Oooo Charlie, imagine the delicious textures against that sky? I love the colours in this one but what a great alternative.... Good call!
Both these images fail to belong to the category mentioned because they are really fine...i think most will like them.Better luck next time ;)
lol Thanks Frequency! I have some more that are kinda out there ;) I'll post them shortly.
Manaheim, I LOVE that Angel photo! But then I love taking photos in cemeteries.

I am afraid that MOST of my photos would fit nicely into this thread's theme. :lol:
Here's the first one I came across on my Flickr page. I think the reason I especially like it is because it's the church I belong to. It was also one of my first attempts at silhouettes.

I'm really close to like this one, I can see the emotional attachment ;) I do think that this has a lot of potential with a little cropping ;)
This one for me.


View attachment 12332

Its not the greatest but I love it.

Nice connection between the kids!

View attachment 12333

Nothing about this picture is "right" & no one likes it.... except me :meh:


OH and ignore the big hideous watermark :sexywink:
This is neat! Despite the technical issues I can see why you are drawn to it, cute kids :)
Back to the original post ... This is a strange photo that works for me too because it looks like you caught them at something. I like the way some of the heads point into the open area, and the birch (?) tree in the background does this as well. I would crop the sides closer to the two foreground trees. If there is less to see beyond those trees the viewer's eye will be drawn there less, and will spend more time in the center where you want it.
Thanks Ken :) I tried your crop and I like it! I'll post the result in a new post.
This didn't get much love, but I liked my crazy tree set (see flickr, for those interested)


Ymse_21 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Gorgeous DOF, I've done similar and didn't get much love for them, not sure why.
 
Ken, here is the crop, it does make a big difference! It is definitely still "weird" but there is something about it....

 
Frequency, do these qualify? ;) Neither were well received.... even on Facebook "gasp!"



This one is my absolute fav. but some "get it" but many don't.

 
5490482822_e06a3ac879_z.jpg


...the infamous gun photo. Both "shooters" love this one :)

5665917200_32c78e45de_z.jpg


I love this one. I like that colors are opposite of where they should be.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom