abandoned hospital

Ab$olut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
img1725wp8.jpg

Taken today in a abandoned hospital only one that came out that I thought was worth posting angle is a little off as I didn't have a tripod but other than that I think it looks good! :mrgreen:

i can't see squat

is this okay to edit?

That just looks freaky, I hope you didn't go by youself. There's no way in he** you would catch me in there at night by myself. :) If you could get a little more detail in it, it would be perfect.

I have just learned the expression "urbexer" ... and you are one of them, too? Wow. So many around here.... but it is nice to see some more ... so maybe going during the day might help? Or would it not be haunted enough for your liking with the light seeping through the windows? This one does look haunted enough, and makes me wish we could see some more.

newrmdmike said:
i can't see squat

is this okay to edit?

Yes its fine to edit.I thought it was a little dark at first but any lower shutter and it would of been blurred as your hand aint the stedyest when your in an old hopital with the wind banging windows and doors and radios randomly turning on.

No i'd never do it alone I was with two other explorers :mrgreen:

ok, heres my go . . .

213139108.jpg

its not great, but heres what i did: using levels i brought up the lightness, then curves to bring em up a little more. next i used a nik filter for the color cast followed by noise reduction and another filter to add some more mood.

although, it prolly would look better had i added some film grain to hide the digital noise

MIdway through, there is a soft white spot on the right wall...

I would try to focus on that light, and make the dark REALLY dark, and that light, and some others mush lighter, contrasting it and giving the image some depth.

If you didnt say "abandon hospital" I wouldnt be creeped out!

Ab$olut said:
in an old hopital with the wind banging windows and doors and radios randomly turning on.

What? So its haunted?

Anyway, i think its great, i like how theres the little bit of light at the end of the hall and also onthe wall on the right side

newrmdmike said:
ok, heres my go . . .

213139108.jpg

its not great, but heres what i did: using levels i brought up the lightness, then curves to bring em up a little more. next i used a nik filter for the color cast followed by noise reduction and another filter to add some more mood.
Thats a great effort! and once I get my hands on a copy of photoshop i'll be trying it myself thanks alot! :mrgreen: got no idea why there is any noise as im sure it was at 50 iso?

Also I don't believe in places being haunted or I would probally not go :) I cannot explain the radio as there was no sign of a timer or anything but I doubt it was anything paranormal :)

well, noise exists regardless of iso, and especially in underexposed images.

Very cool. I would love to wander in there. I bet those walls have some creepy stories to tell. Nice one.

Most reactions

Back