ABSTRACT Photography--Definition and Examples

This thread has helped me to train my eyes in a different perspective. I can feel myself being drawn to abstracts. Well, I should say, subconsiously, I may have been doing abstracts. I can see that when I look at few of my photos.

danalec99 said:
Ali, I'm taking the liberty to take one of your pictures for the purpose of discussion that is going on in this thread! Hope you dont mind :)

This could be called as an abstract, right?
It definitely has abstract qualities to it, but some of the elements, like the chair, start to bring in a story. Why is the chair there? Who sits in it? What do they do? It's not strong, but there's enough there I wouldn't consider this a "pure" abstract.

markc said:
danalec99 said:
Ali, I'm taking the liberty to take one of your pictures for the purpose of discussion that is going on in this thread! Hope you dont mind :)

This could be called as an abstract, right?
It definitely has abstract qualities to it, but some of the elements, like the chair, start to bring in a story. Why is the chair there? Who sits in it? What do they do? It's not strong, but there's enough there I wouldn't consider this a "pure" abstract.

wow :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back