What's new

Abu Dhabi Desert Safari

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
1,881
Reaction score
5
Location
Fort Worth, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, these aren't exactly top notch photography wise because I was getting blasted with sand, but they are kinda fun.

This was my desert safari excursion while I was in Abu Dhabi. It included riding the sand dunes in Land Cruisers, visiting a camel farm, going to a local camp and riding camels, eating dinner and star gazing (boy is it dark out there!)

1. The two guys in the back looking like they are having dinner conversation:
335687356_RMkdq-L-3.jpg


2.
334716533_nw9fp-L-3.jpg


3. Crappy quality, its amazing I got it at all since we were bouncing around in our land cruiser following them.

335689390_srnEU-M-3.jpg


4. The skies aren't blown out. This was generally the color every day.
335694862_3NNVF-L-3.jpg


5. This little guy was only about 2 inches long.
335704299_88To7-L-3.jpg


6. We blew out a tire!
335706795_fGKLS-L-3.jpg


7. This guy didn't speak a word of English, but he was in charge of our camel rides...
335711454_BA3aL-L-3.jpg


8. Camp
335710436_34yAt-L-3.jpg
 
Fun shots indeed! I like the second the most. The lizard looks sort of like the zebra-tailed lizard we have here in the Mojave Desert. Very nice sand dune shots, and the camp looks awesome.
 
Thanks :) The trip was a blast. I'm really happy I got to go over there and do something like this.
 
Very nice series! What a great experience too. Thanks for sharing.
 
Very nice shots. I hope your lens isn't pitted now.
 
Great work, I was due to do this in January but couldnt get anyone to go along, so now I am back to the U.S. to hit Chicago and New York in March!
 
These are some sweet shots. Very well captured.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom