And... we have further progression.

I guess your clients don't mind having their feet cut off, huh? I would work on your lighting more.. it needs it! Coon eye on that left eye socket (subjects left)

Actually, the client asked for his feet not to be included, since he was wearing "toe shoes."

However, I guess you'd assumed it to be better for you to make a sarcastic remark toward the matter, instead of maturely becoming interested in a genuine answer.

As for the lighting, I'll work on it. Thanks.

This is not the way to make a proper rebuttal. But I thought it odd that his feet were cut off too. A good solution might have been for him to take off his shoes as his girlfriend did and then kind of bury them into the grass.

See, now this is a constructive remark. It still has your bluntness involved, but gives the reasoning behind what you said. Your previous post was more similar to that of an 8 year old making abrupt comments in grade school.

The day I start getting paid on here, maybe I will lighten up and be nicer. Until then... not likely. I usually don't even bother commenting on the "pro" threads... they should already know how to be pro's... or they shouldn't be charging, and using the title! Much of the "pro" work I see looks like an 8 year old shot it... ;)

I have learned so much from your "bluntness"...there are a handful of photographers on this forum that I look forward to seeing because their posts and comments are filled with great info. Just wanted to say thank you for everything you have taught me along the way.

What YvetteC says. Charlie may lack tact, he may be as cuddly as a king cobra with a migraine and he may be an argumentative a$$hole at times but there's usually truth in what he says. I've learned lessons from him too, including the one about not taking harsh C&C to heart. ;)

I didn't even think his first response/comment/critique was even that bad...

See, now this is a constructive remark. It still has your bluntness involved, but gives the reasoning behind what you said. Your previous post was more similar to that of an 8 year old making abrupt comments in grade school.

The day I start getting paid on here, maybe I will lighten up and be nicer. Until then... not likely. I usually don't even bother commenting on the "pro" threads... they should already know how to be pro's... or they shouldn't be charging, and using the title! Much of the "pro" work I see looks like an 8 year old shot it... ;)

I have learned so much from your "bluntness"...there are a handful of photographers on this forum that I look forward to seeing because their posts and comments are filled with great info. Just wanted to say thank you for everything you have taught me along the way.

:hug:: :lovey:

What YvetteC says. Charlie may lack tact, he may be as cuddly as a king cobra with a migraine and he may be an argumentative a$$hole at times but there's usually truth in what he says. I've learned lessons from him too, including the one about not taking harsh C&C to heart. ;)

:hug:::wink:

I am a noob, but I do like the overall feeling and expression of the couple.

That's the problem... there was no critique.

cri·tique
kriˈtēk/
noun

a detailed analysis and assessment of something, esp. a literary, philosophical, or political theory.

In other words, to be considered critique, he should have analyzed the photograph, and then gave corrective statements as to what was "wrong" about it. Instead of remarking like a 13 year old girl who just got her menstrual cycle.

Not only did he not give critique, he continued to gauge the definition of a professional by quality of work, instead of what a professional really is, he proceeded to call one of the most successful and professional companies in the world unprofessional, and then concluded by saying that he was going to have to start being paid by TPF to be "nice."

and no one even asked him to be nice. I simply asked him to give comments that were worth a ****, which he has failed to do.

I don't see how anyone on this planet could find a single word that comes out of his mouth even a single bit useful.

Then again, that may be why he spends most of his time on an internet forum...

That's the problem... there was no critique.

cri·tique
kriˈtēk/
noun

a detailed analysis and assessment of something, esp. a literary, philosophical, or political theory.

In other words, to be considered critique, he should have analyzed the photograph, and then gave corrective statements as to what was "wrong" about it. Instead of remarking like a 13 year old girl who just got her menstrual cycle.

Not only did he not give critique, he continued to gauge the definition of a professional by quality of work, instead of what a professional really is, he proceeded to call one of the most successful and professional companies in the world unprofessional, and then concluded by saying that he was going to have to start being paid by TPF to be "nice."

and no one even asked him to be nice. I simply asked him to give comments that were worth a ****, which he has failed to do.

I don't see how anyone on this planet could find a single word that comes out of his mouth even a single bit useful.

Then again, that may be why he spends most of his time on an internet forum...

hmmmm....

I would work on your lighting more.. it needs it! Coon eye on that left eye socket (subjects left)

how is that not a critique?

His critique was that the lighting needed improvement after analysing/assessing the noticeable coon eye on the subjects.

Even he statement about the feet being cut out was nothing like a 13 year old girl who just got her menstrual cycle would say.

Although your reaction to it suggested sand in that region and or panties in a wad, and all that did was just start a silly chain of replies.

I would work on your lighting more.. it needs it! Coon eye on that left eye socket (subjects left)

His critique was that the lighting needed improvement after analysing/assessing the noticeable coon eye on the subjects.

Even he statement about the feet being cut out was nothing like a 13 year old girl who just got her menstrual cycle would say.

Although your reaction to it suggested sand in that region and or panties in a wad.

Negative, AFTER I left my comment about him acting like an 8 year old... THEN he critiqued my photo.

I think you've got some pages to revisit and read again.

Although your reaction to it suggested sand in that region and or panties in a wad.

Negative, AFTER I left my comment about him acting like an 8 year old... THEN he critiqued my photo.

I think you've got some pages to revisit and read again.

what are you talking about?

your reply to him was: However, I guess you'd assumed it to be better for you to make a sarcastic remark toward the matter, instead of maturely becoming interested in a genuine answer.

Do YOU need to reread?

IMHO that reply was hostile, immature, and childish which led to the tone in which you got any further replies.

I guess your clients don't mind having their feet cut off, huh? I would work on your lighting more.. it needs it! Coon eye on that left eye socket (subjects left)

Show me, any part within this statement, where there is a DETAILED analysis and how to fix it?

Looks like a bunch of sadistic low blows and comments.

He didn't ask why the client's feet were cut off, and he didn't even explain WHY you shouldn't cut them off...

He made a childish and nonproductive remark.

Ok... My lighting needs work... how, and why? And how do you fix the coon eye he speaks of..

See... he left NO critique at all...

Most reactions

Back