Any other TPFers do yoga?

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In the spirit of New Years resolutions, I'm starting a 30 day yoga challenge. Just got curious if anyone else enjoyed the practice, or maybe even wanted to join in the fun?!

I practised few yoga a lot of years ago, Krya Yoga, but I don't know that much about yoga.
I know more about meditation, which I practise everyday and I can say it truly saved my ife.

I've done it and it's very hard. But I do like the pants.

I practised few yoga a lot of years ago, Krya Yoga, but I don't know that much about yoga.
I know more about meditation, which I practise everyday and I can say it truly saved my ife.
I'm terrible at meditation! I enjoy guided meditations, but I've never really been able to do it on my own. I haven't done it nearly enough since I got rid of my iPhone (I used to listen to meditation podcasts every night) do you have any resources/advice you can recommend? It's definitely something I've been putting off starting up again.

I've done it and it's very hard. But I do like the pants.
"The pants" really shouldn't be worn outside of the home, or the yoga studio. Its pretty high on my list of annoyances when out and about. (Right up there with jeggings)

I've never tried it,but it has been recommended to me by a fellow AA member that swears by it.
I do practice meditation,but haven't gotten to yoga yet.
But I'll admit,I too love the pants.

I've never tried it,but it has been recommended to me by a fellow AA member that swears by it.
*sigh* really? The pants again. I do have to admit they ARE quite comfy when I decide to wear them.

Check out yoga with Adrienne on YouTube, and yogatic- there are a few longer sessions I love on yoga yak.com, but I think they are more advanced. The former suggestions are aimed at beginners. Seriously, yoga is the best thing I ever started for myself! There are plenty of times I've had to force myself onto the mat, but I have never once regretted taking time to do it once I've finished!

Can I bring my camera for yoga too ???

I'm terrible at meditation! I enjoy guided meditations, but I've never really been able to do it on my own. I haven't done it nearly enough since I got rid of my iPhone (I used to listen to meditation podcasts every night) do you have any resources/advice you can recommend? It's definitely something I've been putting off starting up again.

How can you be terrible in something you were born in? Meditation is for mind what sitting is for legs!
You really just have to sit, observe and follow your breath (not controlling it as in yoga, just OBSERVE, be aware of it, look at it). As soon as your thoughts come in...just observe them. Be aware of them. You think of you need to go out and buy food for the cat? ok, observe that you had this thought. And let it go, don't force it away. Just let it go. Observe your thoughts and let them go as images on a movie screen...or better, as clouds in the sky. If you fall in your thoughts and got involved in them...just return to your breath. Be AWARE. This is meditation as it's been tought to me.
Resources? Bodian Stephan, "Meditation for dummies". Osho, "The Orange Book". All the videos you can find on youtube from Osho.
One of my dream in 2015 is to make the 10 days Vypassana retirement.

I LOVE Yoga Bear, and his little pal Boo Boo . . . oh wait . . . that's Yogi. Never mind.

*sigh* really? The pants again. I do have to admit they ARE quite comfy when I decide to wear them.

Check out yoga with Adrienne on YouTube, and yogatic- there are a few longer sessions I love on yoga yak.com, but I think they are more advanced. The former suggestions are aimed at beginners. Seriously, yoga is the best thing I ever started for myself! There are plenty of times I've had to force myself onto the mat, but I have never once regretted taking time to do it once I've finished!
Semi kidding about the pants.
Completely serious about trying it.

Can I bring my camera for yoga too ???
Actually there IS the awesome picture I've been wanting to make that includes a yoga pose or two. I don't think I'll be able to do it on my own though, so PLEASE bring your camera. But I won't wear the pants.

How can you be terrible in something you were born in? Meditation is for mind what sitting is for legs!
You really just have to sit, observe and follow your breath (not controlling it as in yoga, just OBSERVE, be aware of it, look at it). As soon as your thoughts come in...just observe them. Be aware of them. You think of you need to go out and buy food for the cat? ok, observe that you had this thought. And let it go, don't force it away. Just let it go. Observe your thoughts and let them go as images on a movie screen...or better, as clouds in the sky. If you fall in your thoughts and got involved in them...just return to your breath. Be AWARE. This is meditation as it's been tought to me.
Resources? Bodian Stephan, "Meditation for dummies". Osho, "The Orange Book". All the videos you can find on youtube from Osho.
One of my dream in 2015 is to make the 10 days Vypassana retirement.

I will check my library and see if they have any of those (or anything on it for that matter!) hmmm. Thanks for the idea! Definitely a good subject to expand my awareness on!

Bring the camera and you won't wear pants?
What the hell is going on here?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back