Any other TPFers do yoga?

Jazzie, I used to do yoga regularly and haven't in a long time. I would really really love to get back into it. I'm also working on meditating more consistently. So if you want a partner in the yoga challenge, I'm in! :)

Jazzie, I used to do yoga regularly and haven't in a long time. I would really really love to get back into it. I'm also working on meditating more consistently. So if you want a partner in the yoga challenge, I'm in! :)
Woo hoo! My goal is a minium of 15 minutes a day. I'd like to get more in on most days, but I'd like to keep it attainable even on busy ones!

I'm downloading a meditation app right now so I will be adding that in as well!

I love yoga! :586:

Of course, *yoga* is a catch-all word referring to the postures of yoga: asana. It's just one of the actual 8 parts (or limbs) that make up the whole philosophy of *yoga,* which includes the yamas, the niyamas, and pranayama (the breathing exercises). Concentration and meditation are also part of *yoga.* All together, this 8-fold path of yoga is simply there to offer suggestions for living a better life through yoga.

All that aside, going through my routine of asana is the highlight of my day! I started with Kundalini yoga but practice more hatha style these days. The physical part is to help ready the mind for meditation and inner perceptual awareness. It's all quite lovely, if you just let yourself go with it. :icon_smile:

Woo hoo! My goal is a minium of 15 minutes a day. I'd like to get more in on most days, but I'd like to keep it attainable even on busy ones!

Sounds good to me! I am out of town at the moment and will start as soon as I get home. We can check in with each other. Because of my work schedule, Mondays and Wednesdays may be difficult for me to squeeze it in, but I'll try for sure.

When I started meditating, I tried different chants or mantras to help focus myself, and ended up really responding to Tibetan singing bowl tones. I even got myself a bowl and I love it.

I'd love to get some of the lovely music I've heard associated with meditation, too, but have no idea where to start!

I love yoga! :586:

Of course, *yoga* is a catch-all word referring to the postures of yoga: asana. It's just one of the actual 8 parts (or limbs) that make up the whole philosophy of *yoga,* which includes the yamas, the niyamas, and pranayama (the breathing exercises). Concentration and meditation are also part of *yoga.* All together, this 8-fold path of yoga is simply there to offer suggestions for living a better life through yoga.

All that aside, going through my routine of asana is the highlight of my day! I started with Kundalini yoga but practice more hatha style these days. The physical part is to help ready the mind for meditation and inner perceptual awareness. It's all quite lovely, if you just let yourself go with it. :icon_smile:
I've only read a book or two on the 8 limbs (it's been so long I can't even remember what they were called.) I do come across my notes from it every so often though. I always tell myself I should get a little more deep into it, but never seem to make the time, other than for the asanas. I notice a HUGE mental shift when I go from daily practice to becoming to busy to prioritize it. I usually make it at least 2-3x a week, but I didn't do it at all for two weeks, while company was here.
Just one session and I already feel less tense.

Sounds good to me! I am out of town at the moment and will start as soon as I get home. We can check in with each other. Because of my work schedule, Mondays and Wednesdays may be difficult for me to squeeze it in, but I'll try for sure.

When I started meditating, I tried different chants or mantras to help focus myself, and ended up really responding to Tibetan singing bowl tones. I even got myself a bowl and I love it.
Hmmm. I've done a bit of chanting to center myself during a practice, but again never looked too much further at that aspect. Mostly breathing exercises and guided tracks. I'll look I to the bowls!

Pm me when you get started!
:)
I'd love to get some of the lovely music I've heard associated with meditation, too, but have no idea where to start!

YouTube has some really really long "videos" that you can stream for free, and I found several apps that were sound dedicated when looking for my Meditation Oasis in the App Store last night! Pandora has a meditation station that plays wonderful tracks, but I SWEAR they actually put more commercials on that specific station just to annoy you into subscribing to "Pandora One"

Your mention of chanting made me think of this!! One of my absolute favorite phenomena! Brings a whole new thought process to "tuning into your body.)

I practice Irish Yoga.

irish-yoga.jpg

Yoga is awesome!

I took a class in college. It was the most relaxing semester I had, and probably the least stressed period in my life. I always fell asleep doing Shavasana. Always.

My ex-wife used to do naked couples yoga at our home with her instructor. Then I took a closer look and realized, Hey! That's not yoga!
I was gonna try to relate you your post by mentioning how much I enjoy naked yoga...but then I realized you weren't talking about yoga so I guess I won't bring it up.

I felt like such a dumbass when I learned there was no position in couples yoga called the "Backdoor Dog."

Yoga is awesome!

I took a class in college. It was the most relaxing semester I had, and probably the least stressed period in my life. I always fell asleep doing Shavasana. Always.
I get to the brink of sleep, but never quite there. I never realized how deeply relaxed and *far away* my mind is until my yogi would begin to tell us to just think about moving again! :lol:

Hey!

I used to do yoga, hatha...
I like yoga. I like meditating but nothing that involves chanting, it's just not my thing.

I also started to do 5 Tibetans again and I really really recommend them. They're relatively easy, simple and so much effective. They do wonders to the body.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back