Armed Forces Day

Ian S

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So today something good actually happened in my town. The Yorkshire Regiment paraded through on their homecoming parade. I took a few snaps but nothing extra special, just more wanted the photos than to make them look good seeing as though they don't come through very often. All criticism welcome and feel free to edit any of the photos if you think it will look good, I'm still learning what to do. One thing I noticed is how young they all are. I'm only 18 myself but some of them looked 16/17, maybe about 10 over 20.

At Ease. I think this one looks a little blown out.
DSC_0155.jpg

Before Stepping off.

DSC_0152.jpg

Fixing Bayonets
DSC_0238.jpg

The Old flag colours, as of today they won't be used again.
DSC_0218.jpg

I have tons more so if you want to see them I'll edit them and upload them.

You need to use a flash, I find the pictures somewhat blurry. You should learn to shoot with manual exposure. You could also bump up the iso to shoot faster then 1/40th of a second.

You need to use a flash, I find the pictures somewhat blurry. You should learn to shoot with manual exposure. You could also bump up the iso to shoot faster then 1/40th of a second.

What would shooting in manual have to do with with anything. These images were all shot in Aperture Priority which I would say was a good choice. Yes, agree, an ISO increase for #1 wouldn't have gone amiss, but the SS in all the others is fine.

To the OP: I'd love to see more.

What would shooting in manual have to do with with anything. These images were all shot in Aperture Priority which I would say was a good choice. Yes, agree, an ISO increase for #1 wouldn't have gone amiss, but the SS in all the others is fine.

To the OP: I'd love to see more.

Instead of relying on auto settings he could create better captures if he spends the time to learn.

Learning I agree but simply shooting in manual mode is not the way forward. The semi auto modes of aperture and shutter priority do the same as full manual - its just that instead of the photographer adjusting the 3rd setting the camera does it for them. It is still the photographers "job" to keep an eye on that setting and use the exposure compenstation control to make small adjustments to the 3rd setting or up the ISO as needed to try and ensure that the exposures come out correctly.

They are interesting to look at and go with those of Bob from Lowestoft (forget his handle here, something with bob and a 32). Seems like it was Armed Forces Day all over Britian?

I happened to come across a parade in York on 15 May - must have been Remembrance Day then or something like that. Back then, also I thought that some among the tank drivers looked more like boys than anything else...

Most reactions

Back