Athletic Themed From A Few Days Ago

Tee

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a great time shooting with Nat. She's worked hard on her body and we wanted to highlight it. As usual- C&C, like, dislike, yadda, yadda, yadda. :mrgreen:

• Images 1 & 2 were shot with Octobox 45 degrees camera right with honeycomb grid spotlight camera left and slightly behind model
  • Images 3 & 4 were shot with 2 softoboxes on right and left side at 45 degrees

I almost didn't process the next image since there's a few composition issues but I kept coming back to it and she ended up loving it (that's all that matters, right!)

I like #1 and #4, yadda, yadda, yadda

don't like the pose and therefore the lighting also in #2 and don't like how you composed #3 (she likes it and that's all it matters ) but I do like her expression there, she's beautiful

I would suggest that you try to tone a bit her "bra or how do you call that thing" because it's too bright and my eyes go there instead of her beautiful skin and body. And also... I would like to stress that this is only my opinion!, I would never ever tell her to wear what she's wearing in these picture. Her skin and body need to get the most attention, not her white panties and "that bra thing". If she's modeling for "bra and panties" agency then yes, I would give her white, but in this instance she shouldn't be wearing too bright colors.

I'm pretty much sure that my English is not great here, sorry

and it's jmho

Maria nailed it on the clothing. This is about as far wrong as the clothing choice could be for someone with skin tone and body condition. I would say a matching bikini style outfit in a dark red/green/blue would have been much better.

A few thoughts on your lighting. In this sort of work, unlike more traditional portraiture, the face is not the key point. I would like to have seen these done with a tall gridded strip-box from probably about 70 degrees camera right/left. The lighting you've used in the first two is more suited, IMO, to traditional portraiture, and there's a lot shadow obscuring her muscle tone. In the second two, crosslighting really reduces her body definition. Additionally, high-key lighting isn't usually appropriate for dark skinned/dark haired subjects, since the idea behind high-key lighting is low contrast.

That said, it's a nice set of images, but I think if you called her in for a re-shoot, "Hey Nat, I had a couple of lighting ideas I'd like to try..." it might well be worthwhile.

Just my $00.02 worth - YMMV

~John

Excellent points from the both of you. Thank you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back