AUTOMOTIVE - Your Car Photography

^
very very very very nice photos!!! I'm really jealous.

I like the zip tie stitching this guy had. :p

JON_3435.jpg

you guys have some awesome shots, and I love looking at automotive photography.
love the shots colldfire, those accords' stance is killer.

quick shot of my truck being put to work today.

5710444079_ae65351a0a_z.jpg

^^
Wicked Accord. Great photos! Mind sharing on how you got that look with the ground? Dodge & Burn? High Pass filter? Unsharpen Mark? Two different exposures and merge them together but left the car untouched?
I gotta know how you did it as that's the exact look I'm going for. The car looks great, clean, crisp, clear yet the surroundings are somewhat grungie? The pavement is dark in some areas yet some bright spots around the car and in the odd place or two. Along with the buildings around it but it all has a lot of "pop" to it.
I understand if you cannot explain as some people make a living with photography.

Thanks
Cheers
Mike

^^
Wicked Accord. Great photos! Mind sharing on how you got that look with the ground? Dodge & Burn? High Pass filter? Unsharpen Mark? Two different exposures and merge them together but left the car untouched?
I gotta know how you did it as that's the exact look I'm going for. The car looks great, clean, crisp, clear yet the surroundings are somewhat grungie? The pavement is dark in some areas yet some bright spots around the car and in the odd place or two. Along with the buildings around it but it all has a lot of "pop" to it.
I understand if you cannot explain as some people make a living with photography.

Thanks
Cheers
Mike

Nothing special really, each shot is just a 3 exposure HDR tone mapped.

Strange. Doesn't look like an HDR to me. What lens are you using? What camera are you using? Are you using Photomatix Pro? Or HDR Pro with Photoshop CS5? I guess your tone mapped settings are so light but they are perfect!

This one guy I know has a very similar look to his automotive photos but I've seen the original RAW file and it doesn't look anything like it nor is it an HDR. The edits are all from one exposure. Anyways thanks for sharing :)

Here is another rolling shot I got of some guys that cruised down to Pacific Raceways, in Kent, WA from Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Not the greatest out of my previous rolling photo but it's ok. The car is blurry if you zoom in. Would really like to try this again but I need to figure out how I can snap rolling photos without actually looking through the viewfinder. So many car clubs around here have local meets and cruises but I have zero friends so I cannot ride passenger and snap photos. I need to somehow mount the camera out my passenger window of my car and just use a release cable but I have no clue on how it will turn out or the framing. hah.

Not the greatest out of my previous rolling photo but it's ok. The car is blurry if you zoom in. Would really like to try this again but I need to figure out how I can snap rolling photos without actually looking through the viewfinder. So many car clubs around here have local meets and cruises but I have zero friends so I cannot ride passenger and snap photos. I need to somehow mount the camera out my passenger window of my car and just use a release cable but I have no clue on how it will turn out or the framing. hah.

Honestly just jump on some of the local forums and start asking around. Most "Car Guys" are incredibly nice people and love the chance to get shots of their cars.
Just hop on and tell people that you would love to take some photos of the cruise, but you would like a ride to do rolling shots. Im sure you will be able to find some one.

the only other way really is to find a really long shutter cord and a sticky mount, trying to do it free hand while driving is just stupid dangerous.

And a pic. Just a shot of a friends Cressida that met a nice little wall at a local drifting event.

5650784773_0f97468e30_b.jpg

Strange. Doesn't look like an HDR to me. What lens are you using? What camera are you using? Are you using Photomatix Pro? Or HDR Pro with Photoshop CS5? I guess your tone mapped settings are so light but they are perfect!

This one guy I know has a very similar look to his automotive photos but I've seen the original RAW file and it doesn't look anything like it nor is it an HDR. The edits are all from one exposure. Anyways thanks for sharing :)

Here is another rolling shot I got of some guys that cruised down to Pacific Raceways, in Kent, WA from Vancouver, BC, Canada.

I bought a suction mount from www.filmtools.com and i love it! its a single suction mount. IVe mounted on the inside of the windshield... the fender... all over the place. I had my iFlip HD on it on the fender once going about 65 and it didnt fly off. definetly recommend it. you could prolly mount it on the inside of the windshield and have it point in out the window and use a wireless shutter remote or cable.

heres the link to the mount. Gripper 3025 - The Filmtools 6" Suction / Vacuum Cup Camera Mount

so i started a new article / photography site for my automotive photos. I was wanting some C&C on both the site and the photos. I made a new thread but still no feedback. this thread seems alot more active so can yall give me some feedback?
Heres the link to my site. www.streetmanor.yolasite.com looking for any feedback... good or bad! thanks in advanced.

here are some rolling shots i took of my friends 2006 eclipse. These are OLD photos, back when i was first getting into photos so they turned out to be alittle soft.

_1012943.jpg

_1012937.jpg

_1012933.jpg

_1012906.jpg

_1012900.jpg

_1012895.jpg

^
Thanks for the link. I like the Eclipse photos. Especially the B&W edit :thumbup:
Does he have gold wheels with a silver polished lip on them? If so, what model/make are they?

^
Thanks for the link. I like the Eclipse photos. Especially the B&W edit :thumbup:
Does he have gold wheels with a silver polished lip on them? If so, what model/make are they?

yesir they are. they are Gold Kyowa KR206 rims 18's i believe.

I had a small photoshoot with a few VW guys over the weekend. Here's one for now. Not the best photo of the car as I should have done the other side due to more light hitting it but whatever.

The edit is alright as well I guess. What do you guys think?

Most reactions

Back