B & I shutter settings????

MCzahar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so I got a Halina Prefect Wales Reflex and I want to try it out. I am finding very little information about it on the internet. I don't think I have a nicer/fancier model of it. It does not look like a Rolifelx with the big lenses on the front and it has very minimal settings. The ring around the main lens does not turn (no focusing?) and I have a small slide for setting a f/8, f/11 or f/16 only.

I am also given the option [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]for B & I shutter settings. I know what the B means and when I open the camera and test both out the B holds open, for as long as I do, and the I is like a normal shutter.

My big question is: What speed is I? I live in Seattle and the sun rarely shows. I would like to take some photos with it soon but I want to make sure I am using the right settings and all of my photos don't come out dark. Seeing as I is my only setting I will have to use it, but if I have some idea of what the speed might be, at lease I can choose an appropriate f/

Ok, thanks!
[/FONT]

Bulb and Instantaneous.

I can't see the camera to judge how fast the I exposure time is....my guess is that I was, when the camera was brand new, 1/25 to 1/30 on the low end, to perhaps, maybe, as brief as 1/50 at the high end. Oftentimes, shutters become sticky with age, as the lubricants gum up, so, TODAY, the I exposure time might be slow, like 1/10 second.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back