Bacon Causes Cancer

^Okay, so maybe not. There might be some truth to it.

But really, if people haven't figured out by now that the stuff we ingest is probably killing us, then I don't know that another article is going to do them much good.

I'm sticking with my trademark dietary system, the Grandmother's Diet. It's based on her single overriding philosophy about eating. Everything in moderation.

If all you eat are fast-food burgers, it'll probably catch up to you and kill you.
If all you drink are sodas (or alcohol or a number of other things), you'll probably end up with some dread disease that will do you in.
If you insist on having greasy, fried, fatty foods, and a heaping plate full of them, for every meal--well, YEAH. That stuff IS going to kill you.

But let's say you don't eat ANY of that. You eat only the "good" stuff, whatever you've deemed that to be. Even if you're right about what the "good" stuff is, here's a newsflash: You're STILL gonna die!! Something is still gonna kill you.
You MIGHT eat bacon every day and die at 103.
Or you might be the healthiest, most fit person on the planet, dietarily speaking--and you might get hit by a truck on the way home today.

I don't really want to know what's gonna kill me, and I certainly don't want to spend my life worrying about all the possible things that could do me in, and trying to avoid them, only to meet my fate in that one manner I didn't see coming.

I once a read a study that said skinny people are more likely to be murdered than fat people. I'm not sure if it's because they are murdered BY the fat people, or because it's harder to drag the fat people's bodies to the dumpster after you shoot them. :lol:

I'm just gonna stick with moderation. It'll probably kill me at some point, too, but so far, it's working out well for me.

My grandmother found a way to incorporate at least one stick of butter into every single meal. She's outliving everyone and everything. Haha. (A related note: her food was delicious...)

That said, yeah, I agree-moderation is key with everything. Except photo equipment. I WANT MOAR!

I once a read a study that said skinny people are more likely to be murdered than fat people. I'm not sure if it's because they are murdered BY the fat people, or because it's harder to drag the fat people's bodies to the dumpster after you shoot them. :lol:
I'll have to use this as the excuse not to work out. :p

It seems everything now a days is said to cause cancer. My theory is, its most likely a combination of many things as well as genetics combined that cause cancer. If your predisposed to get it, you will get it - period! I don't waste my life worrying about every little thing I eat or drink or worrying about how long I'm out in the sun. My motto is :Eat healthy, exercise and you die anyway! So I just enjoy myself and let the chips fall where they may. At least I'll go out happy.

My hope is that the alcohol will kill off any of the cancer cells or the brain cells that make me care.

Kinda like that saying "100% of people who drink water die."

Last edited:
Hot dog, and sausages for that matter, are terribly disgusting.

Its the processed nature to bacon products thats the real bad egg, anything that comes from a packet is generally pumped full of all sorts

Everything causes cancer. Because if you take stock of every with cancer and have them list everything they ever did, then pretty much everything everyone does will be listed.

For instance, a certain number of people with cancer watched Sesame Street as a kid, ergo..... watching Sesame Street causes cancer.

Everything causes cancer. Because if you take stock of every with cancer and have them list everything they ever did, then pretty much everything everyone does will be listed.

For instance, a certain number of people with cancer watched Sesame Street as a kid, ergo..... watching Sesame Street causes cancer.

Once again the processed nature of many products nowadays is in itself harmful. A lot of people fry bacon products, the high temperatures of this process together with whatever is pumped into the meat to make it not look dull and grey in the packet is harmful. this is the same for every packet of produce you buy. Salad in a packet is washed in swimming pool grade chlorine to make it last longer in the packet.

On a similar note the process of taking in oxygen to live is what ultimately kills us. Now Im of to put a goodfellas in the oven.:spank:

Last edited:

Once again the processed nature of many products nowadays is in itself harmful. A lot of people fry bacon products, the high temperatures of this process together with whatever is pumped into the meat to make it not look dull and grey in the packet is harmful. this is the same for every packet of produce you buy. Salad in a packet is washed in swimming pool grade chlorine to make it last longer in the packet.

On a similar note the process of taking in oxygen to live is what ultimately kills us. Now Im of to put a goodfellas in the oven.:spank:

But yet, before that bacon was being processed within an inch of its fatty life, before salad was ever washed in a commercial vat and then packaged in tidy little plastic bags for use to just empty into a bowl and eat---back in the day when men slaughtered their own hogs to get bacon, and people actually made salads from stuff that they grew their ownselves, right up outta the ground...they still DIED.
In fact, most of them died even younger than the average person today. So maybe all those chemicals and processing crap is actually PRESERVING us longer. :D

I'm being a bit of a devil's advocate here, but my point still stands. Something is going to kill you. If it ain't the bacon, it'll be the salad. If you live through the salad, heck the peanut butter just might be your demise. Might as well enjoy the taste on your way out. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back