Looks good from a technical stand point. I would have liked to see the background blurred more though. As for the subject, it is rather boring, but you could try other angles to make it cooler, or added some light, or even lit a fire. Maybe light it and then dump water on it to get a really big burst of smoke coming off of it and then snap a pic. There are lots of ways to get creative. I also think it would have looked better being lit from the other direction to show more texture to the grill grate and the charcoal underneath. Maybe do it in a really dark black and white. There doesn't have to be some deep magical meaning or "message" behind the picture. If you like the shot then take it. If you like the subject then take the shot. You don't have to have some big pretentious metaphor behind it. With that said, I would work on your creativity more.