BBQ C+C

hawkskater500

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_3437.jpg

What exactly were you trying to show the viewer in this photo?

What was your thinking when taking this shot?

What made this BBQ "special" to you, that you wanted us to see?

Good questions being asked by FattyMcJ ... I'm wondering about the same, actually. With this photo, I really think you should come back and tell us what you thought and planned to do when you took this photo.

Nothing in particular, just thought it was cool how close the grill was to the rocks and water, and the fact that the grill has probably been there longer than I have been alive.

And, This was the first time shooting in full Manual.

exposure looks fine.
now to find a subject....

I think it would have made a better macro personally. Maybe the texture of the grille itself up close? Just a thought.

It IS very sharp and correctly exposed!

Looks good from a technical stand point. I would have liked to see the background blurred more though. As for the subject, it is rather boring, but you could try other angles to make it cooler, or added some light, or even lit a fire. Maybe light it and then dump water on it to get a really big burst of smoke coming off of it and then snap a pic. There are lots of ways to get creative. I also think it would have looked better being lit from the other direction to show more texture to the grill grate and the charcoal underneath. Maybe do it in a really dark black and white. There doesn't have to be some deep magical meaning or "message" behind the picture. If you like the shot then take it. If you like the subject then take the shot. You don't have to have some big pretentious metaphor behind it. With that said, I would work on your creativity more.

Most reactions

Back