Best lens for social media (blogs/instagram)

ph0toe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a canon user so i'm thinking the 35mm-70mm would be perfect for it. however, are there better options?

You should post this thread in the Canon forum. Ask a mod to move it.

What Canon camera are you using? Do you have a full-frame Canon like a 6D or 5D? Or do you have a crop body Canon? The lens that you use would be greatly dependent upon the camera.

There is no best lens, or best camera for social media. You will see stunning photos online from smartphone cameras to point and shoots to bridge cameras to entry dslrs / mirrorless to high end bodies and glass of all makes and models. It's more about post processing for social media. I shoot raw. I am lazy and just resize to 2000 x 1333 pixels in either LR or PS then convert to jpg in the srgb color space sharpening for social media, but each social media lends itself to different formats and sizes. For example, instagram lends itself to square or vertical crops, facebook is a little more flexible... So, I tend to leave a bit more space around my subject so I can crop / resize as needed.

Read it as many times as is necessary :" there is no best lens,or camera for social media. It's kind of like asking a mechanic, "What is the best wrench size?"

Read it as many times as is necessary :" there is no best lens,or camera for social media. It's kind of like asking a mechanic, "What is the best wrench size?"
A metric vs. english monkey wrench.

dont you know anything....

:biggrin-93:

Most reactions

Back