Boston

On a side note...did anyone notice all the photographers standing their ground or running towards the blasts? Crazy! :er:

What a senseless cowardly act that just breaks my heart and makes me feel sick to my stomach.Wild Animals are more civilized then Some Human beings. Some folks here In CT are still trying to get somewhat of a life back after the Sandy Hook Shooting and now this just a few hours away from us in Boston yet another tragedy. The Evil souls and twisted minds that walk among us God helps us. My deepest sympathy and prayers go out to the families.

Having lived in Boston for 10 years my heart goes out to the people. If you pray keep these victims in your prayers. My son lives in Scituate but was not in Boston that day. I need to call my photographer friend to see if he is alright. Sad times we live in!

It warms my heart to see video of people running towards the explosions to help the injured. Such brave first responders. Take a special kind of person to run towards danger to help others.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that was effected by this. I know it does no good, but I can't help but be mad at it.

Likewise, the victims and their families are in my thoughts.

It warms my heart to see video of people running towards the explosions to help the injured. Such brave first responders. Take a special kind of person to run towards danger to help others.
And they do it every day, some as volunteers.

I agree. Bostons first responders kicked a** yesterday and saved lives while doing so. For such a horrible, there are people in this world that really care about others.

I agree. Bostons first responders kicked a** yesterday and saved lives while doing so. For such a horrible, there are people in this world that really care about others.

The good will always out number the bad. We can take solace in that fact.

I just did a quick map between where I was and where this happened...

...as the crow flies... under 1 mile. 1 mile is really no different than 200' or 5,000 miles in a practical sense, but when you see it on a map, it's pretty alarming nonetheless.

Any word yet on who did this? The circumstances provide few hints:

• Probably not executed by Islamists, as it doesn’t match the M.O.—no “martyr”, no post-explosion VHS tape to gloat about it
  • I’ve heard people suggest a link to North Korea, which I think is absurd. Homemade bombs are for rag-tag chumps with slingshots and peashooters, not a country with one of the world’s largest militaries and stockpiles of real weapons.
  • Hard to imagine an individual would be able to pull this off alone. The complexity suggests conspiracy, and conspiracy suggests a “group” or a “cause” being responsible.

I have a feeling we’ll eventually learn it was caused by some domestic whackjob organization protesting America’s burgeoning tolerance for homosexuals, or something equally ridiculous. Then again, we may never find out, and we’ll only learn as much as the CIA and FBI want us to.

They have at least one suspect from a surveillance video but not sure if they actually have him in custody for questioning yet.From what i understand, a man placed a bag or backpack on the floor and then left the scene.Sounds like a probable suspect to me.Let me have him please, I will make David Berkowitz look like a saint.

Last edited:
Truly a tragedy.

I have my suspicions about what type of group, if any, would be behind such a thing. But to take the conversation down that line only opens the door to a discussion that will eventually get this thread locked.

So I will not indulge the previous inquiry, rather I pay my respects to those who were lost and send my well wishes to those who are suffering in the aftermath.

May our nation, especially those effected by this devastating event, see better days ahead and may justice await those responsible.

I don't know that we can dismiss the person or persons responsible for this as a simple nutter. They're sadistic, knowledgeable, confident and motivated. I believe the low number of fatalities is by design. These bombs were designed to explode out laterally and inflict damage to people's legs, often removing them. You don't build a bomb that does that specifically by accident, let alone four of them. I doubt there's anything political behind this, or if it is it's just a ruse; a vehicle he/they use to carry out these things. Maybe I just watch too much Criminal Minds though.

The overwhelming feeling for many, including myself, is a need to know why. Not because it would make sense or make it any better. Just because having so much suffering and not knowing why is just so empty.
The idea of a person causing carnage for the sake of carnage, with no other motivation, is really a difficult concept to deal with. 911 was horrible, but there was a reason for the target. There was a way to compartmentalize it and try to move forward. Having no reason - not even a crazy reason - makes one feel like the value of human life is as close to zero as it has ever been.

There was a group of people running in the marathon from Newtown, CT. "26 miles for 26 lives" I think they called themselves. How about that ...
Then today we can't even pass a watered down gun bill. How many ways can we sh1t on victims of violence?

I'm sure the NRA will be saying that if every runner had carried a gun this would never have happened.

Careful. I know emotions are high on this- trust me- but we have to watch we don't slip into politics and such.

Totally agree with you on the why thing... it's bizarre because why is really irrelevant, but I still want to know the reason.

Most reactions

Back