Boutique Print Packaging

Discussion in 'The Aspiring Professionals Forum' started by Vin Le Photography, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Vin Le Photography

Vin Le Photography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi!

So, I'm slowly inching my way into the photography industry and there are SO many more things that go into it than I thought, which is actually really exciting to me!

Here's one of those things: I want to start using boutique packaging for my prints. The problem I'm facing is that I can't find any options out there for larger prints/wall portraits. Everywhere I've checked, the largest size available is for a 16x20 print--and I'm looking to FRAME prints that are larger than 16x20! Basically, I don't want to package the smaller items in gorgeous packaging and then have the 20x30 arrive in a crummy brown USPS cardboard box.

Anybody have recommendations as to what I can do?

Thanks in advance!

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I don't think too many people are going to be concerned about the packaging for large prints. I do up a nice folio for 8x10s and smaller along with the customer's invoice, but anything larger I simply use large box-board envelopes or boxes. If I were a customer, I would probably be wondering how much extra I was paying for all the fancy packaging I was just goint to throw away.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. CCericola

CCericola Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The point of the boutique packaging is they can keep the boxes. Who is going to keep a giant box?

4. KmH

KmH In memoriam Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    And use the boutique box(s) for another purpose.

5. Vin Le Photography

Vin Le Photography TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thank you all for your replies! It seems as though there is a consensus here: don't package huge prints. You all make great points and I'll definitely take all of your advice and not package anything huge. Thanks!