What's new

Bridges and Mills - HDR

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
1,881
Reaction score
5
Location
Fort Worth, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went out today to shoot some more mills while my husband was gaming :confused:

Someone mentioned after my last outing that the mills would have made for good HDR shots, so I gave it a whirl. Here are my favorites. Amazingly enough, I like how this little bridge turned out more than the mills. *rolls eyes*

1.
main.php


2.
main.php
3.
main.php


4.
main.php
 
All good captures, but #2 is extremely nice.
 
no halos, NICE!

Thanks! I noticed this on a lot of HDRs and didn't like how it looked. I want my photography to look as natural as possible. #2 does have it a little bit, but it isn't TOO obvious.
 
I'm really diggin' the scale of #1 and if that pile of dirt wasn't in front of the red tractor (some call it a truck) in the last, that would get my nod. All are really well done.
 
i think you did a great job with these!

i really dislike the second one.
 
i think you did a great job with these!

i really dislike the second one.

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up reprocessing #2 to get a more natural look. Does that help, or did you just not like the image subject/composition?
 
Great HDR'S! What program are you using to process those? I can't get CS3 to give me anything good.
 
Great HDR'S! What program are you using to process those? I can't get CS3 to give me anything good.

I'm running them in Photomatrix for HDR processing, then Lightroom for any other small exposure adjustments and finally to PS to remove any debris, healing, etc.
 
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up reprocessing #2 to get a more natural look. Does that help, or did you just not like the image subject/composition?
it looks better now. i really didnt like how unnatural it looked. the subject/composition is nice. the area just to the right of the tree in the middle and the area between the trees on the left and the middle tree and just above the street (are you following all this? lol..) is all really light. but this one looks much better than the original one you posted.
 
it looks better now. i really didnt like how unnatural it looked. the subject/composition is nice. the area just to the right of the tree in the middle and the area between the trees on the left and the middle tree and just above the street (are you following all this? lol..) is all really light. but this one looks much better than the original one you posted.

Cool. I was trying to create a surreal look in PS (not part of the HDR process), but I didn't end up liking it either after looking at it longer. Thanks for the feedback!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom