Broken 70-200mm F2.8 IS

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is a canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS on Ebay and I was wondering if I bought it, and sent it to canon how much would they charge me to fix it? Would it be worth it to buy it over a used 2.8 non IS? Thanks

There is a canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS on Ebay and I was wondering if I bought it, and sent it to canon how much would they charge me to fix it? Would it be worth it to buy it over a used 2.8 non IS? Thanks

We would need to know what the broken aspect is to give you a solid answer. Not knowing what is broken I would say you would be better off paying a little more for a well kept lens but...

Wow, now that is broken....I thought maybe IS failure or something technical....I don't think Canon would fix it personally but I could be wrong.

I would only get that if I alredy had one with a damaged glass element, but that is just my two cents.

hahaha...

WWWWWWWWWWWOW. Yeah, walk away from that one.

Dam I was hoping I could get a great deal on it and then ship it out and get it fixed. Well. Looks like I need to stop dreaming, and get a piece of crap lens that still works. Anybody know a good place to buy used lenses? Such as a 70-200mm F2.8 for like $700? I can't find many, only a couple on ebay and non on craigslist near me.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you really want a 70-200 f/2.8 try the sigma 70-200 f/2.8. It retails for $800 new and you can pick them up for as low as 500-600 used if you search enough. Either that or step down a notch and grab the canon 70-200 f/4 which is brand new for $600.

Nick

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao:
When you said broken, I thought maybe the autofocus didn't work.

My favorite bit:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This lens has had impact damage by a hockey ball breaking it in two peices.[/FONT]

Good thing it wasn't hit by the puck. Who knows what would have happened then...

are you kidding???? repairable for less than $30????

You obviously can't afford this item....

I meant like can you get the front piece of glass that is scratched on the second link I posted, for under $30. I mean JUST the front piece of glass. How much does that glass cost?

Its a $1200 lens on B&H which is greatly discounted from Canon's suggested retail price. That front element is quite an important one. Im no expert on lenses but just that peice of glass could probably cost $100 easily and then factor in all the labor to replace it. I would imagine such a complex lens could take a professional an entire day to dismantle and put back together. Again, im not an expert but I know this stuff doesn't come cheap.

Nick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back