Buying Nikon Refurbs

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought my mac from the apple refurb store is buying refurbedd lenses from Nikon a good idea or something to be avoided.

Separate thread link:
Advice on the picture please

I have purchased a lot of stuff refurbed, (not from Nikon, but I would have if I shot Nikon). I have always been pleased with the quality and the price.

I would not hesitate to purchase from Nikon refurb. It will have passed quality control.

just bought a refurb 70-200 f4 from Nikon, looked brand new. I would rather buy refurb than used

I have bought a few refurbs direct from Nikon with great success.

Just make sure you're buying from a Nikon authorized seller.
Nikon gives a 90 day warranty with their refurbished gear, and most Nikon authorized sellers add their own warranty so the total warranty is for a year.

I am 0-2 in successfully buying from KEH but both my Nikon refurbs are PERFECT.

I am 0-2 in successfully buying from KEH but both my Nikon refurbs are PERFECT.
I'm in a tough spell with KEH as well. I had an ordeal with my 500 F4 back in June bit the third lens was good. My D4 that showed up last night, they forgot to ship it with a battery and the cord for the charger. Not exactly instilling much faith at the moment..

Every refurbished I picked up camera body wise has been like brand new with barley any shutter clicks, but only lens I purchased was a used sigma 120-400 from B&H condition 9 with no issues what so ever. I only use B&H,Adorama or Cameta Camera all three have been stellar.

@coastalconn,I know mistakes can be made, but to actually forget something critical as a battery and cord for the charger is a huge mistake.That should be embarrassing for KEH.

Re: KEH- they sent a Pentax mount when I ordered a Nikon mount lens; then the second lens they sent me to correct the error didn't autofocus. Is anybody there paying the slightest attention? Three weeks into it I gave up and passed on a third try. I've had much better luck buying from random strangers on ebay.

Last edited:
Sounds like KEH needs to clean house,new manager's and or employees.

Agree^^^

My only used lens purchase from KEH they advertised as a Nikon mount but when it arrived it was a Canon.

Sounds like KEH needs to clean house,new manager's and or employees.

Agree^^^

My only used lens purchase from KEH they advertised as a Nikon mount but when it arrived it was a Canon.
They used to be very good.. my first 500 f4 arrived with the tripod collar sheared off.. it was pretty obvious.. But it's does sound like they are really slipping. I know when I was dealing with the return the sales manager told me they were very short staffed.. Guess it hasn't gotten better. The D4 does look pretty good for a bargain grade, but have no idea if it has 10k, 60k or 500k clicks on it since I can't even turn it on..

I've bought my refurb'd gear from Cameta Camera and other authorized Nikon place that I can't recall (no KEH, Adorama or B&H refurb'd gear yet). No problems so far.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back