c&c a noob

shahid_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
sup fellas!! new here from NY. Kinda getting into photography and here are a few shots i took of my car. Not sure what but something seems just "wrong".
Equipment used was Canon T1i with a Tamron 55-200mm.

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

Thanks all :)

The car itself looks great in the first three pictures - well lit, good angles. Not personally fond of the composition in the last shot.

The problem with them is definitely the backgrounds though. Keeping an eye on what's in the frame besides your subject definitely takes practice - I still screw up on that more often than I succeed. Find a better location to shoot from and it will make a big difference.

I agree about the car. The car looks really good in the first three. Maybe in the first one frame it up a little higher. Looks like the top of the car is cut off a little.

Definitely backgrounds are an issue and they are in the reflections too.

It also looks like you're shooting in the middle of the day. Try shooting very early or late as the sun is rising or setting for a more dramatic picture. You will need a longer exposure though, so a tripod or other support will be needed to keep your camera still.

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah it was middle of the day because i wanted the color of my wheels to come out since the shade/color changes with different light conditions (sorta chameleon color).
Any suggestion how can i do that without being middle of the day? Any and everytime i use the on-board flash, the picture is complete ass! Plus it doesn't work on bringing the color in the wheels they look black.
Thanks.

I think the last one could have been a powerful shot if it would have had more of the car in the frame, some selective focus and a little more saturation which would have came naturally at a different time of the day.

I agree with the backgrounds...Im not really a huge car person.. But ive noticed in most, people tend to turn the tires out the opposite direction of the photog to bring more details to the wheels.

Yep, composition in the last one is a little off but i love the others and the car itself. But do try and find another background. Graffiti'ed walls maybe?

thanks for all the input guys! I really appreciate it! First time using flash (270EX) and a tripod at night..

IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

When i use stock t1i lens or 50mm, i get tons of reflections, if i use a telephoto, not having enough light at night takes away from the shot. What can i do to fix this situation?
thanks

Last edited:
thanks for all the input guys! I really appreciate it! First time using flash (270EX) and a tripod at night..

IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

When i use stock t1i lens or 50mm, i get tons of reflections, if i use a telephoto, not having enough light at night takes away from the shot. What can i do to fix this situation?
thanks

i think these look MUCH better in fact i say they look pretty good :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot! The noob stage sucks but i'm trying :D reflections are killing me but not sure how to deal with them really. I'm sure a circular polarizer would help but i doubt it will eliminate the issue.

investing in a circular polarizing filter will help the daytime shots. It will cut a lot of the glare and reflections. Night time... not so much.

I have always loved cars in parking garages. Like the very last pic

Most reactions

Back