C&C please! Your opinion does matter!

Haha, the poor man's zoom: I like that!

Are there any good wide-angle primes (preferably f2.8 or larger) that would work on a crop body? I'd like to stick to the EF mount lenses, since I'll probably try to upgrade the body sometime in the future.

Canon is a 1.6 crop so it basically means that anything under 30mm is a wide angle.

How wide you go is up to you. I personally shot most of my street photos and a lot of my PJ work with a 35mm on a film body (about 22mm on a crop) because I like to be right in the action and it offers very little distortion. It is also a lens that makes it very easy to shoot blind. The combo of nice depth of field with a wider angle of view allows to shoot without looking through the viewfinder.

You set your chosen focus distance and you see what depth of field you have. Anything you shoot that is in that range is in focus. And as long as you're basically pointing in the direction of your subject, he/she will be in the frame. Takes a little practice, but it is not very hard.

Oh, I thought it was the other way around?

I remember on some discussion about the 50mm f1.8 people were saying that on a 1.6 crop body, it was the equivalent of an 80mm lens. So the 50mm is closer to a 32mm lens? Or is it different for wide-angle versus regular zoom lenses?

No, you're just reading some numbers in one direction and others in the opposite direction.

Full Crop

50mm 85mm
35mm 56mm
22mm 35mm

Very quick calculation in my head and this is for Canon. Nikon is different and so is Sony, etc.

Ah, I see how I misread your previous post.

I'll definitely check it out!

Now, back on topic -- any more C&C? Any ideas on how to reduce the blown directory signs?

Love this shot if I could fav it I would it's like the nice feeling of the lights in the trees and the other side of the bit so nice amazing job!!!! And I don't see any tilt

Most reactions

New Topics

Back