C&C please

CorrieMichael

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C please on these images. Thanks
1. $IMG_9715washdpilogo.jpg2.$IMG_9750washdpdilogo.jpg

I'm probably not a good person to c&c this but the one thing that stands out to me is how inconsistent the lighting is on the grass and pool. The second is WAY brighter, but the background is the same in both.

To me neither is clearly better, they are just different.

I'm probably not a good person to c&c this but the one thing that stands out to me is how inconsistent the lighting is on the grass and pool. The second is WAY brighter, but the background is the same in both.

To me neither is clearly better, they are just different.

it was just a matter of the sun going behind the cloud in the image where the grass is darker. Mother nature obviously didn't get the memo I had my camera in hand

Did you use an action or something? The coloring and WB looks really unnatural.

Is there not some vignette applied?

no but i have noticed that since i have upgraded to my full frame it does this....as oppose to my crop which never darkened the edges. I questioned this in a forum regarding the changes (darker edges) i had seen happen when i moved to full frame. I did darken the entire image in ACR and erased it off of the subject but not a vignette

Did you use an action or something? The coloring and WB looks really unnatural.

nope no actions....i did use gradients, warmed it up quite a bit, and used some colour fill to achieve the glow behind the subject

Weird... I would have sworn on a stack of Nikon manuals that a vignette had been applied to this!

Weird... I would have sworn on a stack of Nikon manuals that a vignette had been applied to this!

okay here let's try this "OK you got me there was a vignette applied" Now was there some C&C about the image other than the vignette lol that I secretly applied? In all honesty though i think it was the brush I created in ACR to darken everything but the subject that is making you think that plus the already darkened edges that my new full frame likes to do. Hey, if you have any ideas on how to get my camera to stop doing that it would be awesome! Someone suggested I had an EFS lens on which is not the case as I was using a 50mm 1.4 so I am lost

MOST lenses will show significantly MORE vignetting (light fall-off at the edges of the picture area) when the lenses are shot on a larger FF sensor than when they are used on a smaller, "crop-frame" sensor. So...that's pretty much par for the course. If the fall-off bothers a person, the "Enable Lens Correction" option in Lightroom usually will eliminate most of the vignetting in one click. Almost all fast 50mm lenses exhibit pretty significant vignetting on full-frame until the lens is stopped way down (like to say f/7.1 or even f/8). EXIF show f/1.6 on this shot, so...yeah...it is to be expected that there will be vignetting with that lens shot that wide-open.

Full frame cameras really put a lens to work; if you don't want vignetting you will have to gets some very expensive glass.

Full frame cameras really put a lens to work; if you don't want vignetting you will have to gets some very expensive glass.

Even the most expensive glass vignettes as well. Well...most of it. If you buy a fancy Zeiss prime then you might not get much vignetting wide open, but on any expensive zoom (and uber-bright f/1.2 primes) there seems to be a certain amount of vignetting that seems to be inevitable.

I typically don't mind it that much. Usually it's not noticeable enough to matter unless you're photographing a consistent color such as sky. I happen to like the vignetting of the Canon 50mm f/1.4 when its wide open.

MOST lenses will show significantly MORE vignetting (light fall-off at the edges of the picture area) when the lenses are shot on a larger FF sensor than when they are used on a smaller, "crop-frame" sensor. So...that's pretty much par for the course. If the fall-off bothers a person, the "Enable Lens Correction" option in Lightroom usually will eliminate most of the vignetting in one click. Almost all fast 50mm lenses exhibit pretty significant vignetting on full-frame until the lens is stopped way down (like to say f/7.1 or even f/8). EXIF show f/1.6 on this shot, so...yeah...it is to be expected that there will be vignetting with that lens shot that wide-open.

Is there a similar function in ACR for the lens correction option that you speak of in Lightroom?

Is there a similar function in ACR for the lens correction option that you speak of in Lightroom?

What version are you using? But yes, there is, from some of the videos I've seen.

The vignetting can be removed with lightroom just tick the option box to remove it under, Lens Corrections, [] enable profile Corrections

Most reactions

Back