Canon EOS 1Dx

Good one Canon, this camera really looks highly compelling. Seems Canon have learnt a few lessons over the last few years about Megapixel chasing at the expense of performance. Now they are releasing a real beast of a camera here!

What will Nikon's reply be?

As a Nikon shooter, I am thrilled to see that preview. I hope it lives up to that preview. Should definitely make Nikon step up their game.

Dang! No my 7D just do not seem all that fun anymore :( Have to take some extra shifts at work the next few months :p That one looked awesome! <3

Dang! No my 7D just do not seem all that fun anymore :( Have to take some extra shifts at work the next few months :p That one looked awesome! <3

I'll give you 100 dollars for the 7d, nobody will want them anymore cos there a useless camera now:lmao:

That is about what I suddenly felt it was wort :p But just noticed that I still have some time before they launch the Dx, so I think I hold on to my 7D for now! ;) Still love that thing! :D

Edit: someone managed to squeeze in a post before me, but sure you figured out that I did not think my camera is worth around $7000 :p

Last edited:
If it goes in between the current prices for the 1D and 1Ds, it will end up at around $7800 here in Norway! Just saw it available for pre-order at the webshop I use to buy my gear, and the price was set to about $ 176 947 at current exchange rate (o_O) Sure that is just to show that it is not released yet, but still...wow!

Edit: maybe I should have red everything and not only look at the price ;) But was one the right track. Price was set only to keep people from choosing to pay in advanced, as the final price was still not set.

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
who is going to start a Nikon vs. Canon thread?

Well lets see what Nikon does then compare. Whats the debate over today? This new technology cam against the elderly D700 or D3
iconstirthepot.gif

who is going to start a Nikon vs. Canon thread?
Not much point. If it lives up to it's specs, it just leap-frogged the D3s. Nikon has been at the top of the food chain for focus, ISO, and speed for a while now. Looks like the torch may have just got passed.

In a year or two, Nikon will introduce something that puts them back on top...and the cycle continues.

Regardless of who is on top at the moment, photographers are the winners when these two companies push each other.

Most reactions

Back