Canon EOS 1Dx

I'd prefer to do my HDRs myself, but I'm sure it'll be appreciated by some.

Not just for HDR. Think of taking 9 consecutive shots of a sports scene, lets say a pitcher pitching or a snowboarder doing his thing, and the camera will make a composite of them. And you can do them individually as well.
Multiple exposure mode Up to nine individual exposures can be combined, with a buffet of frame blending options including four different compositing methods - Additive, Average, Bright and Dark - and two different ways of capturing the source frames.

The first way involves shooting one frame at a time, watching the blended image build to completion on the rear LCD as each new frame is shot. You can undo the last frame and retake it, you can optionally use a previously-captured RAW frame as your starting point for the multiple exposure and you can choose to save each individual frame as well as the composite frame to the memory card.

The second way is simpler: shoot a nine-frame continuous burst at up to 12fps and the EOS-1DX will blend them. For classic multiple exposure sports pictures, such as a pitcher winding up to release the ball, this multiple exposure variant is meant to do all the processing work and leave the shooting to you.​

Canon has officially unveiled the EOS 1Dx. ;)
Nikon's metering has been better than Canon's, but with the '100,000 pixel RGB metering' canon has up their sleeves, I have to wonder what Nikon will do with their D4! Gotta love new releases, even if it's not from the brand you use ! :D

Canon Professional Network - The EOS-1D X explained: inside Canon

The Canon EOS 1Dx It's still a Camera Rumors we can't be sure of the features will be that until Canon releases it near the time

The Canon EOS 1Dx It's still a Camera Rumors we can't be sure of the features will be that until Canon releases it near the time

The full spec has been released by Canon today, so we know for sure what will be in it, what we don't know is how effective all those things will be at delivering the expected results

Penfolderoldo, will you be buying one of these? If so, I need to come and visit you so I can have a go with it! :drool:It's been a long time since I have been this wowed by anything Canon has released.

Where is Derrel? I'm waiting for his verdict on this new release! :er:

The full spec has been released by Canon today, so we know for sure what will be in it, what we don't know is how effective all those things will be at delivering the expected results

Penfolderoldo, will you be buying one of these? If so, I need to come and visit you so I can have a go with it! :drool:It's been a long time since I have been this wowed by anything Canon has released.

What about your love for Sony ?

What about your love for Sony ?

Haha, Oh yeah my undying love for Sony! The company that has redeemed itself slightly with photographic technology. But made me send my over priced laptop back THREE times to get one issue resolved and even then the issue was not fully resolved. At the time I swore never to touch a Sony product ever again!

Hahahaha... that's exactly what I was thinking! :lol:

I may end up getting one, but to be honest I can't see it just now, tho i'm getting rid of my 5d mark II for a 1d mark IV (anyone looking for a mint 5d mk II let me know!) as I tend not to need FF that much.

I may end up getting one, but to be honest I can't see it just now, tho i'm getting rid of my 5d mark II for a 1d mark IV (anyone looking for a mint 5d mk II let me know!) as I tend not to need FF that much.

Haha, Derrel will appear when we least expect him to I'm sure!

How much is your 5D Mark mk II going for Pen? Will spread the word.

Haha, Derrel will appear when we least expect him to I'm sure!

How much is your 5D Mark mk II going for Pen? Will spread the word.

Well i've seen well used examples on ebay n gumtree for anything from £1300 - £1500, but given that Canon recently reduced the price new to £1550 (typical - my timing's spot on as usual! lol) i'd be looking for around £1200. There's also a 3rd party grip for it which i'll throw in free of charge.

who is going to start a Nikon vs. Canon thread?
Not much point. If it lives up to it's specs, it just leap-frogged the D3s. Nikon has been at the top of the food chain for focus, ISO, and speed for a while now. Looks like the torch may have just got passed.

In a year or two, Nikon will introduce something that puts them back on top...and the cycle continues.

Regardless of who is on top at the moment, photographers are the winners when these two companies push each other.

It did leap the D3s, but it won't be 2+ years for Nikon to beat it out. They will within the incoming year with the D4. You'll see it beat out the 1DX before Q2 of 2011.

Mark

Sounds like a great camera! Let's all go out and buy one today! Break out those credit cards! Maybe even buy two of them!!! They are only $6,800 apiece! Oh.....wait...this camera is 100% vapor-ware, not scheduled to be here for another five full months...nevermind...

I think Canon's a bit greedy with the $6,800 retail price. Many of the small-time sports shooters and PJ's and smaller papers will recoil at the over-$2,000 price hike over the cost of the prior "action" camera body...combining the 1Ds studio line with the APS-H 1.3x "action" line makes sense, at some level. But the price they are forcing onto the customer base....ehhhh...many individuals and organizations would rather spend far less per body.

The simplified AF pattern system, with 6 different AF patterns, seems like a good idea. The AF patches are still all clustered in the center of the frame. Seems like they still cannot figure out how to build in a wireless flash commander; Canon probably wants to you to spend another $389 to be able to do wireless flash. I got a chuckle out of the "second joystick" comment on dPreview...more like a second "nipple". Sounds like one user on dPreview was voicing his displeasure with the inability of the Focus Lock button to be programmed in some way.

Sounds like a nice camera. The full FIVE-MONTH announcement lead time seems like it is either 1) designed to try and "freeze" customers planning to move to Nikon and 2)To get its user base used to the fact that $4599 will no longer be enough to get a professional camera from Canon---the price will now be $6,800.

We could use more information before debating the camera very much. Right now it's mostly advertising hype.

lol ^ says the Canon hater!

don't hate Darrel, just put it on lay away ;)

Sounds like a great camera! Let's all go out and buy one today! Break out those credit cards! Maybe even buy two of them!!! They are only $6,800 apiece! Oh.....wait...this camera is 100% vapor-ware, not scheduled to be here for another five full months...nevermind...

I think Canon's a bit greedy with the $6,800 retail price. Many of the small-time sports shooters and PJ's and smaller papers will recoil at the over-$2,000 price hike over the cost of the prior "action" camera body...combining the 1Ds studio line with the APS-H 1.3x "action" line makes sense, at some level. But the price they are forcing onto the customer base....ehhhh...many individuals and organizations would rather spend far less per body.

The simplified AF pattern system, with 6 different AF patterns, seems like a good idea. The AF patches are still all clustered in the center of the frame. Seems like they still cannot figure out how to build in a wireless flash commander; Canon probably wants to you to spend another $389 to be able to do wireless flash. I got a chuckle out of the "second joystick" comment on dPreview...more like a second "nipple". Sounds like one user on dPreview was voicing his displeasure with the inability of the Focus Lock button to be programmed in some way.

Sounds like a nice camera. The full FIVE-MONTH announcement lead time seems like it is either 1) designed to try and "freeze" customers planning to move to Nikon and 2)To get its user base used to the fact that $4599 will no longer be enough to get a professional camera from Canon---the price will now be $6,800.

We could use more information before debating the camera very much. Right now it's mostly advertising hype.

Spot on with both 1) and 2) I reckon Dazza (sorry, couldn't resist!:lol:) 5 month lead time does seem like a stretch, tho it's just about right so as the sports snappers can get used to it by the time of the olympics and Euro 2012...

Canon posted a sample image of the noise level of a picture taken at 240,800 ISO. :p
White-noise-picture.jpg

All jokes aside, this camera looks absolutely insane. Holy mother of God

Most reactions

New Topics

Back