Canon EOS 1Dx

who is going to start a Nikon vs. Canon thread?
Not much point. If it lives up to it's specs, it just leap-frogged the D3s. Nikon has been at the top of the food chain for focus, ISO, and speed for a while now. Looks like the torch may have just got passed.

In a year or two, Nikon will introduce something that puts them back on top...and the cycle continues.

Regardless of who is on top at the moment, photographers are the winners when these two companies push each other.

+1 consumers win as a result of competition. Glad motorcycles get lighter and faster every year too
biggrin.gif

seems sweet....not that I need any of the features it can do it is awesome and I am impressed by the step back in MP to increase the other features. But we can all dream and I can make myself believe I need one.....and then dream about it as it is way way out of a price range I can even imagine.

Maybe this will be the end to the MP race (well I am sure it will continue in the consumer grade)?

Maybe this will be the end to the MP race (well I am sure it will continue in the consumer grade)?
I've heard rumors that Nikon's new flagship DSLR will be something like 26 or 31 mega pixels.

Like I said before, it is a kinda 'wow' moment looking at the specs, only caution i've got is there are too many variables at the moment that sound great on paper but may not work out that way once we get our paws on it, tho I think probably the only certain thing is that the 1D mark IV will be the last of Canon's APS-H line. Interestingly, was chatting away with a 'tog from one of the biggest worldwide agencies on a job today, and he reckons they likely won't be switching from the 1D mk IV's they use, as the pre-production trial bodies they got to test didn't perform that well at high ISOs (admittedly tho, i'm always slightly sceptical of the old 'chinese whispers' scenarios in this industry!);)

"The EOS-1D X is the first EOS Digital SLR to feature Multiple Exposure capability. The camera can combine up to nine individual images into a single composite image" ... ok, now that's is bad ass.

Apparently it allows for multiple micro adjust points with zoom lenses too, which I found quite interesting... though I must stress the "apparently" part as Ive only read that on another forum.

I'd prefer to do my HDRs myself, but I'm sure it'll be appreciated by some.

If you put aside $50 per day, you should have the money by then. Start saving up peeps!

It's 5 months away from being available- March 2012

What will Nikon's reply be?
You have that backwards. This is Canon's reply to the Nikon D3/D3s/D3x. :lol:

At any rate Nikon started designing the D3s/D3x replacement (D4?) before launching the D3s back in 2009.

Good point Keith. haha. The D3S has been the king for a long time now, cos it is simply amazing.

Big Mike, I am hoping your wrong about the 26 or 31 MP rumours. Nikon should stay on the path they have been for a while now, keeping MP low and producing a beast of a camera like the D3S, admittedly I understand though they can't or won't be staying at 12MP forever though. That would simply be standing completely still in terms of resolution. 18-24MP would be a good sort of range.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back